Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Sybase ESP Studio - integrating own webservice does not work

Hi all,

my colleague has written his own little webservice that generates random temperature data and we are now trying to integrate this webservice across the Web Service SOAP Input Adapter in Sybase ESP Studio. After configuring the Web Service SOAP Input Adapter we created (via schema discovery) an input stream with inline schema, run the project within Sybase ESP Studio but we get no data displayed. You can see our modeled process in Sybase ESP Studio in the attached file ("Project Sybase") and the output in ("Run Project").

Biggest problem is that we don't know what to configure exactly in the adapter_config.file. We have marked the tags were we are unsure what to write with "<??????????????>" comments. (see "adapter_config").

Also in the mappings file (we called it "TempMapping.xml") we have the following content and don't know if thats correct:

<columnMappings>

<mapping adapterField="getRandomTempResponse._return" espCol="getRandomTempResponse__return"/>

</columnMappings>

Outside Sybase ESP Studio our webservice is running and generates data (we have tested that via "SoapUI").

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance & regards,

Andreas & Maik

Project Sybase.PNG (386.3 kB)
Run Project.PNG (231.6 kB)
Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

1 Answer

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jul 08, 2014 at 07:50 PM

    Hello,

    You really need to provide the project's "frameworkadapter.log" file in order for us to see what is going on. This adapter runs as a separate process from the project itself so it writes to that log file rather than the "esp_server.log" (which is what we see in the "Run Project.PNG" screen capture.

    As far as the questions in the adapter_config.xml file. This adapter was built with the Adapter Toolkit. The Adapter Toolkit has three types of modules (transporters, formatters and espconnectors):

    Event Stream Processor Adapter Toolkit

    The adapter_config.xml parameters for this adapter are documented here:

    http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01615.0514/doc/html/cgo1376338716093.html

    1) The "InstanceName" such as "StockTraderServiceTransporter" is just a generic name to identify and give meaning to that module.

    2) The "Next" parameter such as "StockTraderServicePublisher" tells the adapter which module comes next.

    3) The "webservice" parameter needs the "name" attribute to identify the name of the web service you want the adapter to connect to (appears to be "GetTemperature" in your case).

    4) The "request" parameter needs the "action" attribute which specifies the action performed by the Web service operation that is being called.

    5) <Module type="espconnector"> - One of the three types of modules. An espconnector is a module that publishes to an ESP project or subscribes from the ESP project. This looks fine and isn't something that should be changed.

    6) <Name>EspPublisher</Name> - Name of the module as defined in the modulesdefine.xml file. Don't change this either.

    7) Since the "ProjectName" and "StreamName" of the "EspPublisherParameters" are commented out, the adapter should be running in "managed" mode meaning the adapter is started and stopped by the project itself in the "ATTACH ADAPTER" CCL clause. When "ProjectName" and "StreamName" are commented out, the adapter does not look at the "EspProjects" section because that is all derived from the CCL.

    As for the mappings file, I am not sure if that is correct or not. From your previous posting, I wasn't clear on what was wrong with the "stockTraderMappings.xml" file and why it needed to be modified (I did not have to modify mine). I don't know what it looked like before and after. Perhaps there was some kind of localization issue (I'm running everything on a standard U.S. English locale).

    The two things that I think might need to be modified in the adapter_config.xml file:

    1) Change the back slashes to forward slashes on the "mappingFile" parameter:

    <mappingFile>C:\Sybase\ESP-5_1\adapters\webservices\examples\Temperature\TempMapping.xml</mappingFile>

    2) Change the "workingDir" parameter to a valid directory on your PC (and also use forward slashes):

    <workingDir>/tmp/adapter/soap</workingDir>

    If the adapter can't find the mapping file, there should be an error in the "frameworkadapter.log" file.

    Thanks,

    Neal

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.