Skip to Content

Dialog Instance Installation failed at start instance phase


Hi Experts,

I am using SWPM to do the installation for the DI (ECC6.0 EHP4) but failed on start instance phase.

I got below error when i run R3trans -d.

Kernel 7.21

oracle client 11.2.03

When i manually run the command R3trans -d then return error as below.

This is R3trans version 6.24 (release 721 - 26.09.13 - 20:13:07 ).

unicode enabled version

2EETW169 no connect possible: "maybe someone set invalid values for DIR_LIBRARY ('/usr/sap/IEP/SYS/exe/run') or dbms_type ('ORA')"

Trans.log as below.

 

4 ETW000 R3trans version 6.24 (release 721 - 26.09.13 - 20:13:07 ).

4 ETW000 unicode enabled version

4 ETW000 ===============================================

4 ETW000

4 ETW000 date&time : 27.06.2014 - 18:06:40

4 ETW000 control file: <no ctrlfile>

4 ETW000 R3trans was called as follows: R3trans -d

4 ETW000 trace at level 2 opened for a given file pointer

4 ETW000 [ dev trc,00000] Fri Jun 27 18:06:40 2014 20660 0.020660

4 ETW000 [ dev trc,00000] db_con_init called 22 0.020682

4 ETW000 [ dev trc,00000] set_use_ext_con_info(): usage of ssfs switched off (rsdb/ssfs_connect=0)

4 ETW000 1727 0.022409

4 ETW000 [ dev trc,00000] determine_block_commit: no con_hdl found as blocked for con_name = R/3

4 ETW000 37 0.022446

4 ETW000 [ dev trc,00000] create_con (con_name=R/3) 22 0.022468

4 ETW000 [ dev trc,00000] Loading DB library '/usr/sap/IEP/SYS/exe/run/dboraslib.so' ... 462 0.022930

4 ETW000 [dlux.c ,00000] *** ERROR => DlLoadLib()==DLENOACCESS - dlopen("/usr/sap/IEP/SYS/exe/run/dboraslib.so") FAILED

4 ETW000 "Unable to find library 'libclntsh.so.10.1'." 5275 0.028205

4 ETW000 [dbcon.c ,00000] *** ERROR => Couldn't load library '/usr/sap/IEP/SYS/exe/run/dboraslib.so'

4 ETW000 7277 0.035482

2EETW169 no connect possible: "maybe someone set invalid values for DIR_LIBRARY ('/usr/sap/IEP/SYS/exe/run') or dbms_type ('ORA')"

I have confirmed the environment is correctly set by comparing with the current workable DI include replaced the kernel from workable DI.

Also redo the steps for oracle client based on SAPNOTE 819829.

It's looks like oracle client issue. But, i can't find out what is the issue.

Kindly advise.

Thank you.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

4 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Jun 27, 2014 at 02:13 PM

    Stop all processes running under iepadm

    Clean the shared memory segments using cleanipc

    Remove all stream files under /tmp

    Eg: /tmp/.sapstream54013

    su - iepadm

    startsap D40

    Regards

    RB

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Jun 27, 2014 at 10:21 AM

    Are you installing the dialog instance on the same server where the central instance is running ?

    If you are installing on a different machine then make sure the /sapmnt/IEP file system is mounted (NFS mount) on the server where the dialog instance is to be installed.

    If the file system is mounted then make sure the permissions are correct.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • This are log log i have

      axprde04:iepadm 49> cdpro

      axprde04:iepadm 50> dpmon pf=IEP_D40_a2prd04

      dpmon=>sapparam(2): fopenU("/export/sapmnt/IEP/profile/IEP_D40_a2prd04","r"): No such file or directory

      dpmon=>No Profile used.

      dpmon=>sapparam: SAPSYSTEMNAME neither in Profile nor in Commandline

      DpMonInit failed - possibly no dispatcher running

      DpMon: External/Internal dplib version: 120/138

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 27, 2014 at 10:52 AM

    Hello,

    Can you confirm that the path "'/usr/sap/IEP/SYS/exe/run/dboraslib.so" exists on the Dialog Instance machine? The log of R3trans seems to suggest that this path (or at least the dboraslib.so) cannot be accessed.


    Kindest regards, Wilbert

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Jun 27, 2014 at 01:43 PM

    Your problem is with the Oracle Instant Client. It appears to me the client was not copied or installed correctly after the extraction and this could be the reason why the symbolic links were removed. The problem when you create the symbolic link is that the files are already there. You should delete them and then re-create the symbolic links.

    su - iepadm

    cd /oracle/client/11x_64/instantclient

    rm libclntsh.so libclntsh.so.10.1 libnnz10.so

    ln -s libclntsh.so.11.1 libclntsh.so

    ln -s libclntsh.so.11.1 libclntsh.so.10.1

    ln -s libnnz11.so libnnz10.so

    exit

    su - iepadm

    R3trans -d

    Regards

    RB

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded