Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member


Hello All

Last payroll period we have paid employee with full pay.

But now came to know that EE is no longer with company wef 16.05.2014

When we change the IT000 and run payroll it is showing –ve value in the RT as overpayment amount of 420. Also tax is coming in negative 40-

Is there any way to create a new wage type to tackle the overpayment and other all / wage types which are coming in negative?

PFA of sample screen shot.

Requirement is just one wage type which can nullify all –ve values and takes care of all Cumulation class returns



Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

4 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Posted on Jun 24, 2014 at 03:55 AM

    You can create WTs that can be used on IT0015 to adjust just about any other WT, but in a situation like yours, we let the system calculate the "overpayment" and the deduction reimbursements, generating a "Claim".

    We also have a "Net Advance" wt that can be used to cancell out the Claim.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • As mentioned before, do a Payroll Simulation (with the "Display log" box checked) for an employee who gets a claim in the current pay.

      In the current example

      the claim gets generated in the "Retroactive accounting" section of the schema, and it should be possible to add a PCR just before X060 to automatically replace WT /560 by a "Cash Advance WT".

      Study your log, identify where the claims (WT /560) gets generated according to various scenarios, study how PCRs are created and how they process the data, and make a try. Post your attempt and someone will comment on it.

      Payroll Log.png (27.2 kB)
  • Posted on Jun 23, 2014 at 11:33 AM


    You are getting this while running June Payroll?

    How you would be adjusted since it's already been paid to employee.

    1.You can do like this make a payment entry through IT15 on the May payroll (If you have not recived any payment from employee: and made the adjustment.

    2. If you have received the payment from employee then do the same procedure of 1.

    Book It15 wage type as settlement adjustment G/L for clarification.

    Check and let me know.


    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi SK,

      If you want to make it zero then what i said to you do that way. Check your /551 wage type value and pass that amount in IT15 as a additional payment of May 2014.

      Automaticallly it will adjust. Tax which is deducted and it's already been paid to tax department then employee itself will claim that to Income tax depart for return.

      Check and let me know.



  • Posted on Jun 23, 2014 at 11:02 AM

    Hi SK,

    Can you able to recover the amount of employee?. I think no then how you will be adjust.

    Please clarify me.



    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jun 23, 2014 at 11:04 AM

    Please attach screen shot.

    As per my understanding he left on 16th May 14 but without separation action payroll has been run for full month..?Now you are getting -ve amounts for which payroll period.?

    please explain.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hello All

      Yes, I am trying to recover the amount from employee

      Also Tax need to be adjusted in this case

      Please of below screen shot. Employee was paid 1500 initially but after separation action amount of 549- is coming as basic and other deductions (statutory deduction with negative value)

      Now we need to use a single wage type which can tackle overpayment/payments and deductions (statutory/non statutory).

      Please advise us

      Untitled.png (86.8 kB)

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.