Skip to Content
0

Missing table entry in TADIR

Jan 20, 2017 at 06:25 PM

995

avatar image

Hi,

We have ERP 6.0 EHP 6.

Recently we refreshed our SBX system from our Dev system backup.

Our finance team tried to use the tcode XD01, and they immediately got the below dump:

Our developer further investigated and mentioned that his objects are missing entry in the table TADIR.

Can someone help understand what might have caused this, and how to fix it?

Another thing I noticed is that the total number of entries of the same table do not match between the source and target systems.

We reviewed our refresh procedure, the DB restore did not have issues, the steps we performed didn't have anything to do with this table.

After the refresh, we applied a HR support pack (which is still in "Perform adjustments" state) and kernel upgrade, but I don't think they had anything to do with this issue.

The object exists in the system, however it is missing the entry in the TADIR.

FYI, this is not a local object, this object has been released and being tested in QA.

Also, there is an entry for it in the Source (dev) system, but not in the target system(sbx) after refresh.

thanks

Nanda

10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Former Member

Hi Nanda.

After system refresh from QAS to sandbox system post installation activities are completed?

Regards

SS

0

Dear Nanda,

what Netweaver basis is your system and please give a short overview about how you did the refresh,
e.g. Refresh to an existent target system using R3load based export/import...



Hendrik

0

Hi Nanda,

I added some additional secondary tags to your question ("SL Toolset System Provisioning" and "Software Logistics"), as this is almost certainly related to the system refresh you performed. As others have commented, please provide more details about what method of system copy you used.

Cheers,
Matt

0

We used the database backup/restore method.

There was no error during the DB restore.

I sent the SWPM logs to SAP as well, there were no errors.

We imported only the users back, so there was no other client copy activity.

0
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

5 Answers

Best Answer
Nanda Kumar Feb 08, 2017 at 08:53 PM
1

I found the root cause for the missing TADIR entries.

One of the export scripts for IDOCS has TADIR table included in it, and we were importing it back as part of post refresh.

Removed the entry to fix the problem.

thanks

Nanda

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Sandra Rossi Jan 23, 2017 at 07:05 AM
0

Probably the backup of the development system was done at a time an object was missing or something like that.

Simply ask your developer to transport missing objects.

Show 1 Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

It was not just 1 entry, nearly 13k entries are missing.

0
Matthew Billingham
Jan 23, 2017 at 08:57 AM
0

Try editing/recreating the enhancement.

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Juan Reyes Jan 23, 2017 at 03:37 PM
0

Hi Nanda,

Without knowing what method was used for the refresh we are just speculating.... In a standard backup/restore you should not be missing any entries in any tables, sounds to me like someone is calling a client export/import a refresh which it is wrong.

Regards, JP

Show 1 Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

We used backup/restore, that is why we are flabbergasted because there were no errors in any of the steps.

We sent the logs to SAP as well, and they mentioned that there were no errors in SWPM logs.

thanks

Nanda

0
Hans-Hendrik Weise
Feb 07, 2017 at 06:59 AM
0

Hello Nanda,

can you please tell me the incident number? I will have a look into this case.


Hendrik

Show 5 Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Here you go - *****

I want to add that since we were falling behind a POC project, we are re-refreshing the system again, as I type this.

We are also monitoring the the number of table entries in TADIR as we do each post refresh step.

I'll update if we find anything tangible.

One gripe I have now, is that I used to get mail notifications for the threads I participate/watch (this was default, I didn't have to setup anything). However I didn't receive any mails whatsoever for these many replies.

thanks

Nanda

0

Nanda, you aren't alone in wishing for email notifications, and the community development team are working on that. There is a project in beta right now for this, so hopefully it will be rolled out to everyone soon. There is mention of this as coming soon in the FAQ page about notifications at http://www.sap.com/community/about/support/known-issues.faq.html. You'll also see this as the first item listed for coming soon at https://blogs.sap.com/2016/12/12/2016-wrap-up-looking-forward-to-the-new-year/. It was supposed to have been rolled out by the end of January, so my guess is that it will be pretty soon.

Cheers,
Matt

1

Nanda,

sorry for my late reaction, I loose track too because of how this works or not works with suitable notification/tracking here. I see you have found the cause and that your incident ******/2017 is in process by Development colleagues.

Hendrik

0

according to point 12 of

https://www.sap.com/community/about/rules-of-engagement.html

I am masking out the references to incident numbers. ;-)

1

Hi Hendrik,

please use Direct Messaging (messages.sap.com) for exchanging such information.

Thank you!

Ervin

1