Skip to Content

RBPD results does not match the usage of transaction in the system

Hi,

I have performed an RBPD analysis on a Solar01 project and have found many transactions which have been used in the managed system.

However there is a huge discrepancy between the number of usage we found in the RBPD analysis and the actual usage in the managed system

for example the transaction VA11 is shown to have been executed more than 80,000 times but there are less than 1000 Inquiry document in the system.

It is possible that not everytime the transaction VA11 is executed an Inquiry will be saved and also if there are multiple windows which are opened in VA11 that will also be counted. However still there is a huge difference between the numbers.

Also the EWA was not configured in the same Solution Manager in which I performed the RBPD. It was loaded from another Solution Manager. Can there be an issue while loading the data of EWA from another Solution Manager?

What can be the possible reason for such a huge discrepancy.

Regards,

Vishal

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • May 29, 2014 at 03:58 AM

    Hi Vishal,

    UPL is based on kernal Exe hits, it is not actually based on any tables or EWA.  It actually counts number of times the methods, function modules got called .   You cant really compare the UPL value with any of these entries. more over UPL  count only objects, fm, methods usage

    The object usage tab in RBPD is not exactly representing UPL. This get data from n number of sources. It brings the data from EWA ( for transactions from st03N ), e2e diagnosstics, upl ( for objects usage) and also rfc used in charm ( for badi and others).

    refer here Display object usage

    The link is totally different from UPL recording, refer here,  Objects recorded by UPL

    this given clear statement that UPL is totally different provide more accurate data than other sources.

    The case, why SAP broght UPL concept, is very simple, because regular workload stats will be counting only the direct calls, means it wont consider the calling by other programs, UPL is cross client, so its more accurate.

    Hence the entries which is shown in Analysis project result is fine,

    Thanks and Best regards,

    Jansi

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 11, 2014 at 10:45 AM

    Hi Vishal,

    you wrote "there is a huge discrepancy between the number of usage we found in the RBPD analysis and the actual usage in the managed system for example the transaction VA11 is shown to have been executed more than 80,000 times but there are less than 1000 Inquiry document in the system."

    The workload statistics for transactions are taken over (e.g. via EWA) from transaction ST03N in the managed system. There you can find the same total numbers for the period and client analyzed. These usage data contain the number of dialog steps performed with regards to a certain transaction displayed and not the number of transaction executions. That might explain the discrepancy reported by you.

    Best regards,

    Andreas

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Vishal Prajapati

      Hi Vishal,

      in case you have detected a discrepancy between the ST03N data and the data used in RBPD Solution Documentation Assistant(SDA) analysis, I would recommend you to open a message on component SV-SMG-SDA and describe the differences detected and the activities performed with regards to the EWA data copy from another Solution Manager system.

      In case that ST03N seems to be not accurate a message might be addressed to ST03N related component.

      By the way, an SDA analysis can be performed in newer releases also with data retrieved directly from the managed system (e.g. if EWA is not configured) or with ST03N data collected in the BW.

      Best regards,

      Andreas