Hi HANA Experts,
I was trying to build a application where:
1) Users will enter a state
2) And application will return the list of customer in that state
I created a UI5 Application project in HANA Studio. Got the "index.html", the view and it's associated controller files. I then tried to call the data-base using the xsjs calls inside the controller. Like $.db.getConnection() etc. The file got activated. However, it started giving errors when I tried to run from the browser. And I saw that system is unable to find ANY OF THE "$" FUNCTIONS OF XSJS. I saw that the XSJS library files are missing from the Project. So I manually added it to the UI5 application Project. But the error existed.
My question is:
1) How to call "$.db.getConnection()" and other "$" functions from the UI5 application projects?
2) What's the technical difference between "XSJS" proejct and "UI5 Application" project?
3) When to use each of these Project types?
4) I now went ahead and created a "XSJS" project in HANA studio. The "$.db" functions started working. However the UI5 application libraries went missing. Does this mean UI5 is not compatible with "XSJS" services
5) If you can share me a sample code of using UI5 and XSJS, would be a good help
Your answers will be very much appretiated.