Dear All Expert,
I requested to all of forum's expert to provide guidance/ help to find best solution mapping for the mentioned below requirement?
We have plan to implement SAP standard application with FI, CO, PP, MM, SD, QM modules in the textile industries and they are producing finish fabric Duvet, Duvet covers, bed Sheets, Pillows cover, Table Cloths, Curtains, ect with multiple quality/ construction and 100% cotton or any cotton/ polyester ratio.
They have following three major section in their manufacturing operation.
1. Process started from customer inquiry for requirement duvet covers, pillow covers in piece or sets.
2. Pre-costing against customer inquiry
3. Then quote price on quotation and send to customer against their inquiry
4. After quotation process, customer's contract (with variable information like construction/ quality, color, design, packaging, sizes so on) has been created
5. After contract's agreement, procurement department make sure availability of yarn and other required chemical against particular sale contract.
6. Some pieces as sample send to customer for their approval. After approval by customers start weaving process.
7. After material availability, weaving department start manufacturing process like warping, weaving, mending/folding to convert yarn into grey fabric. Here we found quality of stock in three grades like A, B, C. After completion this process, grey fabric issued to processing section. 3 to 5% wastage factor found on grey fabric manufacturing.
8. Then processing dept start bleaching, dyeing, printing and folding/packaging process. After processing, product can also be salable as finish fabric to customer as finished product. Here we found quality of stock in three grades like A, B, C, cut piece After completion this process, finish fabric issued to stitching section in case of home accessories. 3% wastage factor found on finish fabric manufacturing.
9. For producing home textile accessories, finished fabric issued to cutting section as their request to processing section. Cutting section make sure availability of required ready to stitching piece for stitching section as per client requirement. 1% wastage factor found in cutting section. Cutting section manage inventory as well.
10. After receiving pieces from cutting section, stitching section sewing the pieces. On completion work by stitching, handover to packaging for customer defined packaging.
11. Packaging section make packaging as per customer requirement under stitching section and handover to sale and marketing dept for delivery to customer.
12. Profitability analysis against customer's contract/ order.
Help, guidance and process mapping solution provided by anybody will be highly for me and other forum's users.
Regards/ Nasir Ramzan