We have scenario as below :
1. We have material A with stock 100, open PO 50.
2. The material A is now planned to be phased out by replacing it with a new material B
3. Material A had MRP type VB now we will change it to ND
4. Material B will have MRP type VB
5. So when we run MRP for materil B it should consider stock of material A & Open PO of Material A for calculation during the MRP run and the new requirement calculation should be
Material B is set up with RO point 100 and max stock of 150
So when we run MRP for Material B even though stock for material B is zero it should not generate any new requirement as stock & open PO of material A exists.