$(function () { pageContext.i18n.modTalk = 'moderation talk'; pageContext.i18n.replyToComment = 'Reply'; pageContext.i18n.modTalkEmpty = 'moderation talk is empty'; pageContext.url.getModTalk = "/comments/%25ID%25/listModTalk.json"; pageContext.url.possibleCommentRecipients = "/comments/%ID%/possibleRecipients.json"; pageContext.url.commentEdit = '/comments/%25ID%25/edit.html'; pageContext.url.commentView = '/comments/%ID%/view.html'; pageContext.i18n.commentVisibility = { 'full': 'Viewable by all users', 'op': 'Viewable by the original poster', 'mod': 'Viewable by moderators', 'opAndMod': 'Viewable by moderators and the original poster', 'other': 'Advanced visibility', 'dialogTitle': 'Comment visibility', 'selectGroups': 'Visible to groups', 'selectOther': 'Other recipients', 'selectOriginalPoster': 'Original poster', 'selectModerators': 'Moderators', 'selectAssignees': 'Asked to answer users' }; pageContext.i18n.commentMenuLabels = { 'comment-edit': 'comments.menu.edit', 'comment-delete': 'comments.menu.delete', 'comment-convert': 'comments.menu.convert' };pageContext.i18n.answer= { bestAnswer: 'Best Answer', controlBar : { accept: 'Accept', unaccept: 'Unaccept', acceptCommand: 'Accept this answer as correct', cancelAcceptedCommand: 'Remove this answers accepted status' } }; window.croles = { u: false, op: false, m: false, og: false, as: false, ag: false, dc: false, doc: false, eo: false, ea: false }; tools.init({ q: { e: false, ew: false, eo: false, r: false, ro: false, d: false, dow: false, fv: false, c: false, co: false, p: false, tm: false , ms: false, mos: false }, n: { f: false, vf: false, vfo: false, vr: false, vro: false, c: false, co: false, vu: false, vd: false, w: false, wo: false, l: false }, c: { e: false, eo: false, d: false, dow: false, ta: false, tao: false, l: false }, a: { e: false, ew: false, eo: false, d: false, dow: false, a: false, aoq: false, ao: false, tc: false, tco: false, p: false, tm: false }, pc: croles }, { tc: true, nsc: true }); commandUtils.initializeLabels(); }); Skip to Content
0

Script error entering parameters for crystal report preview in vs2015

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:11 PM

196

avatar image
Former Member

I am using Visual Studio 2015 update 3, with Crystal Reports for Visual Studio SP18, (v.13.0.18.2192) on Windows 10. When I attempt to preview a report design that contains parameters, the Enter Values parameter screen shows a script error " '_pe' is undefined" in the script file c:/users/my user name/AppData/Local/Temp/prompting1.html. The JS files referenced in this web page all exist in the folder specified, i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\Crystal Reports 2011\crystalreportviewers\prompting\js

I've not been able to find any information on this error for this version of Crystal Reports

10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

4 Answers

Best Answer
Don Williams
Mar 21, 2017 at 05:09 PM
0

If it's only an issue in the embedded Designer within VS then don't use it, it's a Basic version. I've never heard of this problem before though....

Don

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Don Williams
Jan 19, 2017 at 10:14 PM
0

HI Steve,

Is this a WEB or Windows app?

Did you install using the first link in the download page or did you install one of the redist packages? If you did not use the first link then uninstall the redsit package and install the EXE.

When you say preview are you running the app or are you using the Embedded Designer?

Then try again.

Don

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
avatar image
Former Member Jan 20, 2017 at 09:07 PM
0

Hi Don

Thanks for the reply - I am developing a WinForms application and downloaded the full install using the left most installer for sp18. I have tried a repair on Visual Studio, and re-installed Crystal Reports for Visual Studio. The error comes when I use the embedded designer to preview the report - the report accesses the (SQL Server 2008 R2) database directly using SQLClient v11. The report works correctly when parameters are provided at run-time, it is just the parameter prompt that is failing at design time.

Incidentally, this has worked in the past (maybe 6 months ago) - I was thinking maybe a Windows 10 update has affected it.

Steve

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Don Williams
Jan 20, 2017 at 09:09 PM
0

mmmm Try the Native 10 client. Native 11 is for SQL 2015. I find 10 works better than 11 for either DB.

It could be a permission issue, right on devenv.exe and select Run as Administrator.

And be sure you installed the Client as a local PC admin also.

MS is constantly changing permissions on SQL Server, enable crlogger, it may tell you why.

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded