Skip to Content
1
Apr 01, 2014 at 11:01 AM

SAP Business Objects 4.1 - American Date Format Issue

1704 Views

This issue is something that keeps arising, if your viewing a crystal report, or building a new Webi report in 4.1 and viewing it, the date format seems to come out as M/D/YYYY HH:MM:SS, this never happened in 4.0.

I will give an example, today I updated a 4.0 to 4.1 using the update path in a development server, and updated to 4.1 SP03 which is the latest. When I decided to write a Web Intelligence Report or create a Crystal report and publish this, all the date formats came out in American date format, and not the standard English one DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:SS anymore. However if I go to the Live server which I haven't yet updated and is still on 4.0 SP04 Patch 11 and perform exactly the same its in English format as it always was.

Can someone please enlighten me to what has changed from 4.0 to 4.1 in terms of configuration regarding the date formats changing.

My server regional settings are English, and using the default GMT date time, so is my machine. 4.0 works 4.1 doesn't work the same.

I have tried changing the .prm files in the connectionserver\dataaccess folder as well, this doesn't seem to make a difference and also used LOV's in universe objects and when using these in prompts you get ameican format. I have also changed the preferences in the BI Launch Pad to view English locale and the GMT date time for Greenwich Mean Time.

Please can someone advise or suggest where I am going wrong here and how to solve this.

Many Thanks