Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diff between T510 and T710

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Sorry for raising this question though there are many thread on this. but i would like to understand the significant of these entries. hence i am raising again.

in which scenario business use T510 table for salary and T710, i know T710 is used for salary ranges, why T510? any example.

is it possible to use both?

through IT1005, we can default the payscale group and level in IT0008 for T710, is it possible to default the same in IT0008 for T510 too?

Thanks

Sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can able to default in IT0008 using T510, You want to use both scenarios ? if why you want to use both.

:Kedhar

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kedhar,

I am just trying to understand is that possible because i am studying all these concepts one by one. at what scenario we must use T510 and T710, what kind of industries or companies use T510 or T710,

You got my question Kedhar?

Thanks

Sri

paul_davidson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

There is nothing to force you to use T510 or T710 in most situations.  You can create salary ranges in either.  The one case where T510 must be used is if you have "step-rate" situations.  This is where all individuals in the same pay grade start at a certain pay rate - say $10.00/hr.  After six months, they receive a $0.50 increase to $10.50 and after another 6 months another $0.50 to $11.00.   This can be scheduled and IT0008-Basic pay updated automatically by running a report RPIPSR00 after setting up your conditions in table V_T510_PSRCL.  This is specific to T510.

T710 is the later table and also has some advantages, such as ease of updating by percentages or amounts, ability to set warnings or errors if outside of range and reduction for percentage worked.

Both T510 and T710 can be used for hourly and salaried employees and you can set ranges in both. For the Job or Position if using IT1005-Planned Compensation you must use the Pay Grade tab if using T710 and the Pay Scale tab if using T510.  If you are starting a new system, unless you have the step-rate situation, I would recommend using T710 as it is the newer solution.

Paul

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I expected your awesome reply and you have given it now. Thanks for you detailed explanation once again.

Before i close my thread on this. i would like to know how does this report. does this report works one and only if values are maintained in the table V_T510_PSRCL ,

thanks

Sri

paul_davidson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

The report RPIPSR00 works with the entries in T510 and in V_T510_PSRCL to determine "automatic" or "step-rate" increases.  These are changes in pay due after a specific length of time in grade and not dependent on performance.

First you set up the pay grades and amounts in T510 - say Grade 4 Level 0 = $10.00, Level 1 = $10.50, Level 2 = $11.00, Level 3 = $11.75 Level 4 = $12.75.

In V_T510_PSRCL you would enter Grade 4 Level 0 with a period of 3 months to Grade 4 Level 1.  Then enter Grade 4 Level 1 with a period of 6 months to Level 2.  Grade 4 Level 2 with 9 months to Level 3 and then Grade 4 level 3 with 12 months to Grade 4 Level 4. 

Then you could run RPIPSR00 daily, weekly or just before Payroll is run to pick up the employees who meet the time requirements in each of the Grade 4 levels. If run today (April 1st), John Doe who started at Level 0 on January 1st, would now move to Level 1 pay.  Jane Smith has been at Level 1 since October 1st would now move to Level 2 pay.  The IT0008-Basic Pay would be updated by the report for each individual.

So this is neat functionality and there are several other options for across the board increases when using T510.  But as Reddy suggests, if using ECM you may want to use T710.  Up to you and you can utilize both if necessary.  The step rates could use T510 while salaried employees' pay grades are from T710, if they will be using ECM to determine pay increases.

Please note - there is a difference in IT0008-Basic Pay.  If using T510 the Remuneration Type is Pay Scale.  If using T710, the Remuneration Type is Salary.  Set by using Edit --> Change remuneration type and via Feature TARIF.

Paul

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for your clear explanation, really nice to have you around.

Regards

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a same scenario with my client but payscale level has to be change every year from his hiring date. Suppose, employee is hired in 01/02/2014 in payscale group A and level=0 after one year of his service payscale level has to change as level=1.

can you explain me how this can be achieved, along the significance of the field "HIRE TO".

Thanks & Regards,

Naidu.

paul_davidson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naidu,

As I explain above, use table V_T510_PSRCL to set up your change in levels.  In field DAUER you would enter 12 and Months or 0100 and Format YYMM to indicate the step is one year.  Then enter your grade and new level.  Repeat this for as many steps as you have.  Remember, this is for actual pay rates to default via a step progression.  It is not the updating of the rates due to annual reevaluations.  You update the rates with appropriate starting dates directly in T510.

The HIRE_TO field is just the end date for the progression, if you have one.  My entries are all 12/31/9999 in that field since I do not know when the progression will end.

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PAUL,

Thanks for your prompt and quick response, i'll get back to you incase if i face any issues.

Regards,

Naidu.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to what Paul has added, I think if you want to implement SAP ECM (compensation) module then its better to use T710 unless you have step increases that need to be done via T510.

While ECM also works with T510, I think there are certain limitations and you will be forced to do some enhancements in case of T510.

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Thanks for your reply, and i make a note of it this point adding it in ECM,

Regards,

Sri