Skip to Content

Strange issue in Proxy to SOAP Synchronous scenario

Hi Experts,

Good day !!

I'm facing a strange issue while testing a Proxy to SOAP synchronous scenario.

Case 1: While testing with the input payload via the Runtime Workbench test tool in PI, the XML gets processed perfectly to the third party Webservice and a Response is received without an issue.

Case 2: Whereas, when the interface is triggered from the Sender ECC system, though the request comes into PI and the outbound mapping is executed properly, the response is not received. Actually, there is no payload at all in the Response message.

I have checked the RFC connection between the ECC and the PI system and it seems ok.

One thing I noted is that in Case 1, the Header Trace of the Response payload corresponds to the remote host and IP address of the PI Integration engine itself whereas in Case 2, the remote host corresponds to the URL of the PI Integration engine but the IP address corresponds to that of the sender ECC system.

Can you kindly provide your thoughts on this ?

Regards,

Krish

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

7 Answers

  • Posted on Mar 21, 2014 at 12:54 PM

    Hi Krishna -


    Actually, there is no payload at all in the Response message.


    >>> Is it the same message that is being triggered from ECC proxy and PI Runtime work bench? If not process the message that is coming out ECC from PI RWB and see if you are getting the response..

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hello,

      What i would suggest u to remove ur response message mapping from OM and then test ur scenario? So that u would get to know if it's really empty or not (ur screenshot suggest that empty response coming but just to cross verify it i am suggesting this)

      In addition to that it seems that ur WS is returning exception due to incorrect data?

      Thanks

      Amit Srivastava

  • Posted on Mar 21, 2014 at 01:31 PM

    Hi Krishna,

    Have you compared in the monitoring the request from RWB against the request from the ECC?. May be in the SOAP request call there is something different, a namespace name for example, in that way it could be a different response from the SOAP receiver.

    Regards.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Krishna,

      I would say the same thing for the request comparison because I have had occurrences in the past of calling external web services fail for something as simple as a namespace issue or also that the web service is expecting the usage of elementFormDefault="qualified" whereas the default for anything built in PI is elementFormDefault"unqualified".

      Regards,

      Ryan Crosby

  • Posted on Mar 21, 2014 at 01:41 PM

    Hi Krishna,

    I've just remember a strange issue that one day i had with XI 3.0 and a SOAP receiver request. The standard SOAP call failed when the proxy interpreted it, the only solution that i found was to use Do Not Use SOAP envelope check and to wrap the SOAP call via XSL mapping in the request and later to ride off it in the response.

    Regards.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Mar 21, 2014 at 02:18 PM

    Thanks for your replies Inaki and Ryan,

    I shall compare the two payloads and comeback with the results soon

    Regards,

    Krish

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Mar 24, 2014 at 10:31 AM

    Hi Inaki and Ryan,

    I have compared the two payload XMLs (both Inbound and Outbound) and they seem to have no difference at all (namespace, soap envelope all looks identical).

    Also I have built the SOAP envelope in the XSD itself and in the SOAP Receiver Adapter the "Do Not use SOAP Envelope" box is CHECKED.

    Could there be some issue with the port numbers as well ?

    Regards,

    Krish

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Krisha,

      Aside from potential authentication issues from your ECC system the only likely cause would be payload differences based on the source of the message. It would be hard to know if this is the case without actually seeing a sample payload from one source where it is working vs. another source where it is not working.

      Regards,

      Ryan Crosby

  • Posted on Sep 15, 2016 at 07:40 AM

    Hi Kirshna

    Are you able to fine any solution. I am also facing exactly same issue.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Sep 15, 2016 at 12:00 PM

    Hi Krishna!

    It's very strange issue. Looks like you receive Http 200 empty response from your SOAP channel. Just to be sure: didn't you accidentaly set EO QoS mode in receiver SOAP adapter?

    And another question: don't you use Axis in your SOAP receiver adapter?

    Regards, Evgeniy.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.