Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

BO 4.1 Upgrade crystal report prompt doesn't work

Hi,

after migration to BO 4.1 we got a problem with crystal reports prompts.

Values are shown, when there are less than 10 values in the variable.

e.g. variable witch includes Jan-Dec is not shown only after filtering in Bex Jan-Sep

Are there any settings in BO?

Harald

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

4 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    May 05, 2014 at 06:15 AM

    Is fixed with Patch 5

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Feb 21, 2014 at 08:55 AM

    You have got missing prompt values. Could you run a trace for DSL bridge and Bex query serviceĀ  along with CRPS.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Mar 28, 2014 at 09:51 AM

    Hello,

    is there a solution for this problem. We get the same error in one of our Demo Systems and i think its a bug????

    Best regards

    Carsten

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Aug 26, 2014 at 09:49 PM

    We had this issue with Crystal Reports that were migrated from 3.1 to 4.1 as well as Crystal Reports that were promoted using promotion manager. I found a workaround for this problem.

    1. I had to export the LOVs using Business View Manager to .xml file, make sure the check the "Export security information" and "Preserver folder sturcture." checkboxes from the source repository where the Crystal Report is working fine.

    2. Then using the Business View manager import the .xml file to the destination repository, make sure to check the "Merge folder security" checkbox. Once the import is complete you will need to set the password for all the connections that got imported as it seems to blank it out, probably to not have the passwork exposed in an .xml file.

    Some how the security is getting messed up in the Promotion Manager/Upgrade Management Tool. I've tried going into Business View manager after the promotion and reset the security on the individual objects, but I was getting inconsistant results so I prefer the workaround above.

    There is also a SAP NOTE,

    1754247 - BI 4.0: When promoting content via Promotion Management some objects are not imported, that is supposed to fix this issue, but I didn't have any luck with this solution either.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded