Hi BW Gurus,
Here is my Client's situation:
1. They have BCT extractors for 2LIS_13_VDITM, 2LIS_04_P_ARBPL, 2LIS_04_P_MATNR, 2LIS_04_P_COMP and one COPA Extractor.
2. Recently, something happened and they had to delete all the data from the BW Data Targets and initialize all the data from R/3.
3. After extracting the data and running reports, it was realized that data from previous years is missing. We found that the R/3 data is being Archived on a periodic basis.
4. Now the Client wants to get all the Archived R/3 data into the existing BW Data Targets (ODS's and InfoCubes).
Now, here are my questions:
1. I found a How-to Paper "How to... Extract archived R/3 data via the Archiving Information System". This document, as it says, is applicable for R/3 release 4.5A. We are on 4.7 (PI 2003_1_470). So, is this document applicable for my Client at all?
2. For DataSource 2LIS_13_VDITM: In OLI9BW (fill setup table) screen, there is a field "Archiving Session". When I drop down on this field, I see 6 Archiving sessions, each for years 1999 thru 2004. If I select all these Archiving sessions and load will it load the setup tables with only Archived data or both Live data and Archived data?
3. For all other PP DataSources mentioned above: I don't see a field "Archiving Session" during filling of setup tables (OLI4BW). That means, I have to use the procedure mentioned in the "How-to" guide mentioned above (if applicable????). Am I right in this assumption?
4. For COPA DataSource: I don't know if this How-to guide is applicable. Why I am saying is that the document talks about creating Info Structures out of the "Archiving Objects" from Archived data. And from what I know about Info Structures, it is applicable for Logistics related objects. Please correct me here.
5. Suppose, if this How-to is applicable for both PP and COPA, can I use the existing Data Targets where the LIVE R/3 data is already loaded? What would be the best approach?
6. Last but not the least, all of the above DataSources have been enhanced in R/3. So I have to enhance the new Generic DataSouces (if I build for Archived data per How-to guide) with the same user exit code (copy-paste from earlier enhancements). Am I right in this assumption?
I would really appreciate if you could provide any help from your experiences.
Thank you very much in advance.