I need your help.
An HCM BW data flow have been created only in German.
No BI Content has been used and data are loaded via flat file with customized data sources.
Everything has been created in German.
Now the requirements are to get everything in English too. Does anybody have experience with that?
- Have you used and can you recommend the standard Translation Option in BI? How does it work?
Any idea about the time it takes to do it?
- if I have some transactional data which delivers german keys, can I have it translated automatically?
I need to have all the texts translated too.
First I need to mentiont that all the texts have been currently set without language option - no time dependent - and they are loaded via flat file together with transactional data.
My first approach would be to :
- activate the time dependency for each texts
- ask the Business to provide texts both in English and german with an extra field for the language
- adjust each transformation to load the text with the language key
- load the german and the english text using same data source and infopackage.
Question: what happened to the text which have been loaded w/o language key so far? if the user log in in german what would he see?
- probably it is not possible to add the language field to the flat file . How can I solve it in BI? I was thinking about get the language set in transformation to the text as constant - am I right?
Do you have another solution to populate the language key for the texts?
Thanks in advance for your help - first time I do that and I need ideas :-)