Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

JDBC receiver arabic character in oracle db


Hi Experts,

I have a file to jdbc scenario, where a field in the payload has arabic data.. I can see the result in sxmb_moni after successfull mapping..

but the data does not reach the receiver... it shows an error as below

Error while parsing or executing XML-SQL document: Error processing request in sax parser: Error when executing statement for table/stored proc. 'ABCD' (structure 'STATEMENTNAME'): java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended

However, when I just remove that field , and re send the pauload.. it goes through fine..

ANy idea how to set this right?

Any thign specific to be taken care of when sending special character data to jdbc ?

Regards,

Tauseef

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

3 Answers

  • Posted on Jan 26, 2014 at 02:07 PM

    Can you try using hasQuot attribute for the field and process it to see if that fixes?

    http://scn.sap.com/people/prateek.srivastava3/blog/2009/04/02/unicode-handling-for-ms-sql-server

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hello Experts,

      I tried the hasquotes and the blog from prateek.. no luck...

      anonymizer bean was without error but it sent the data to the oracle db as ??? when i made the encoding to ISO , and with utf it shows same error

      Yes they are manually abel to add the data to the db :-(

      Can you suggest any ideas /opinions...

      has anyone tried tthe blog from prateek for the unicode in oracle db?

      I dint quite undertand why the N has to be appended

  • Posted on Jan 26, 2014 at 02:16 PM

    Hi Tauseef,

    try the modul AF_Modules/XMLAnonymizerBean to set the encoding. Please refer the below discussion

    regards,

    Harish

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jan 26, 2014 at 02:22 PM

    Hi Tauseef

    Can you try to execute the same insert statement standalone on DB side, take the values from the AE message content .Alternately you can ask your DB team to do so .

    My guess, due to special characters the statement is getting terminated earlier , may be a semicolon or something which misleads DB to interpret as end of statement .

    Based on the ressult of execution at target Db you will get clear log information to proceed, might need to pass a character set supported for Arabic etc.

    Regards

    Srinivas.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.