Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

ERP EIC - Employee Search

Hi Experts,

My current employee search consists of Pernr.

According to the help documentation, internal contact should be able to be searched by employee's name or parts thereof, using data from organizational management, or using the telephone or personnel numbers or for CE - external person ID. But I do not see all these fields in the search.

For external contacts, it shows me fields exactly what the documentation states - You can search for external contact data using the search criteria Company, Telephone, First Name, and Last Name.

I see options to implement BADI to have my logic incorporated. But I did not see any place where I can select the fields to show up on search area.

The employee profile only has only checkboxes for SSN, email and org view which is standard EIC.

So I am a bit confused here about the application not working as it says or am I missing something here. May be some config.

I am under the impression that the default search option should be visible automatically.

Please help!!


Screenshot.JPG (78.2 kB)
Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • Best Answer
    Jan 16, 2014 at 01:58 AM

    Hi Shai

    It is very easy to add additional search fields SSN (US), User ID and Telephone number via basic configuration.

    Good Luck.


    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Thanks Jarret. I had tried that config earlier as well, but my question was more about why that is not working even though that check box was checked.

      I realized later that my system is considering 'Default' employee search profile even though my IC Webclient profile is set to something else.

      Now I gotta figure out why is that happening. But those check boxes in search profiles are working fine, so I am relieved.

      In frustration I checked all the checkboxes for all the search profiles to check whether my screen changes, and it did. So it was then easier to find out which profile the webclient is really using.

      Thanks again!