Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Issue when Enhancing a view/context binding

Hi

I'm enhancing an eRecruitment view for HRRCF_C_SEARCH_UI by adding a new column to an existing table.

I have created the UI element and a new attribute in the appropriate context node of the view. The column contains a textview and the text property is mapped to the context_node attribute.

However at runtime an error occurs with the following.The URL http://fcrsapderecfs.app.netr.kent.police.uk:8000/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_unreg_job_search/ was not called due to an error

        "ASSERTION_FAILED" " "                                                                            "CL_WDR_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER===CP" or "CL_WDR_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER===CM008"                       "GET_BOUND_ELEMENT"

   Termination occurred in the ABAP program "CL_WDR_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER===CP" -                     in "GET_BOUND_ELEMENT".                                                                          The main program was "SAPMHTTP ".                                                                     In the source code you have the termination point in line 76                                      of the (Include) program "CL_WDR_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER===CM008".

I've tried debugging and used the usual resources but so far I've not uncovered the problem.

All suggestions gratefully accepted. Thanks in advance.

Jon

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Jan 09, 2014 at 07:12 AM

    Hi Jon,

    It looks like, the issue is with binding of context attribute with ui element or the cardinality settings of node.

    I suggest you to look at this program CL_WDR_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER===CM008 and set the break point at line 76.

    Use the call stack to determine from where the dump is triggering. I mean use STANDARD tab in debugging window and trace back till you the column name/ui element.

    Try to re-do the binding of ui element to context attribute.

    Could you share the screen shots of your view layout and context node, to investigate it further.

    Regards,

    Rama

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Ramakrishnappa Gangappa

      Hi Rama

      After several hours of debugging I've not been able to track down the issue. All the data and the context node is as I would expect.

      I decided to remove my enhancement and all the changes and revert HRRCF_C_SEARCH_UI to it's original state. Doing this has not made a difference and I am still getting the same error as I originally got when I enhanced the view!

      Is is possible for a web dynpro to be corrupted in some way?

      Cheers

      Jon.

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Feb 14, 2014 at 07:22 AM

    HI

    No matter what we tried we could not sort this issue. It appeared that the component was corrupted in some way. By comparing it to the instance in QAS we could see the datasource for the table binding was incorrect but could not be altered or edited in our DEV system. It may have been something to do with a previous enhancement but very hard to tell

    In order to expedite matters a copy of the QAS version was restored to DEV. In that way the component was a known working version and we could make the changes to it as necessary. Not an ideal solution.

    Thanks for all you help.

    Jon.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded