Hi - We're running BPC 10 NW and have come across the following issue when running an equity elimination.
1) Within our AUDIT dimension, we have more than 1 hierarchy - most members roll up to all hierarchies, but some members roll up only to 1.
2) We have 2 equity elimination rules (adjustment type "E").
3) For each equity elimination rule, we specify the source Audit as each of the two hierarchies with a unique destination AUDIT (each destination AUDIT rolls up to the respective source audit)
When running our automated adjustments, the following issues occur:
1) BPC runs the first equity elimination rule, but when doing so, eliminates values of AUDIT members that are not part of the source audit rollup (we even tried using DIMLIST properties to filter what should and should not be eliminated, but to no avail). For accounts that only have data in AUDIT members that span all rollups, the equity elimination works without issues, but for accounts that have data in audit members that are not present in all rollups, the equity elimination looks at values outside the rollup.
For instance members BU and BU_INTCO roll up to the first hierarchy and BU_TAX and BUTAX_INTCO roll up to the second. The first two have a combined value of 1000, while the second two have a combined value of 2000. Therefore, when executing the first rule, I would expect an elimination value of -1000, but instead I get a value of -3000. When I delete the values of BU_TAX and BUTAX_INTCO, my equity elimination works just fine - I get the results. But why would it look outside the hierarchy in the first place?
2) BPC does not even run the second equity elimination rule after running the first. As a test, however, when the first equity elimination rule is deleted, the second elimination rule runs. Both have the same adjustment level of "0" and each is independent of the other since two different source AUDIT.