Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Calling BDC RFC from NCO3.0 (SAP.net connector) fails to commit

SCN Community,

I have a BDC RFC that updates the customer master. I have used this RFC successfully from ASP using DCOM and from VB6 using the SAP BAPI Connector. I have moved to ASP.net and C# using the NCO3.0 connector. All of my RFC calls that pull data work fine. However, this one BDC-based RFC call that I have used for years runs, returns a good code, but has no effect on the customer master data. I can manually test the RFC in SAP with success. However, calling it from ASP.net using NCO3.0 the updates to the customer master data do not occur. I do have a COMMIT WORK AND WAIT command in there for good measure (never needed it before).

Any thoughts or experience with this? I'm missing something.

Thanks,
Crew Reynolds

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

1 Answer

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jan 07, 2014 at 09:16 PM

    Hi

    When you call this RFC and see that no update has happened , are you seeing any dump in the SAP system .. in ST22 ? or any update terminations in SM13 ? or any error messages in Sm21

    Also please check this thread -

    Thanks

    Rishi

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      I have found the answer and want to share it.

      NCO3.0 SAP.net Connector requires that you send ALL of the IMPORT parameters over on the call. The defaults on the parameters are being overlooked. For example, on a BDC there is a parameter called NODATA which is the character you used to denote "no data for this field". I use a forward-slash. That's the default when the BDC is created by SHDB. All of those defaults are worthless when the remote function is called from the .net world. I'm not sure why but the answer is, if you have 20 parameters, send all 20 parameters and set the defaults in your code on the .net side. Do not expect the function's IMPORT defaults to get used. They apparently get overlaid with blanks unless you explicitly set them.

      Worked for me!

      Crew

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.