Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Dashboard error when increasing named range or new vlookup

Hi,

I have a dashboard that shows data which the users click to step through and drill down to the lowest level of granularity.

It contains a high level set of pie charts, then second level set of pie charts, a list box, combination graph and finally a spreadsheet table.

The data is populated from BeX reports and the filtering takes place with values being passed and then used to restrict the data via vlookups.

It was working fine, but new KPI's have come on board and this required that the named ranges for the vlookups be extended. I found that if the named is bigger than 330 rows, than randomnly the second level set of pie charts does not show, but everythihg else works, so the list box shows and the combination graph shows fine. This named range is not attached to the second level pie charts it populates the combination graph, I can't figure out why these pie charts are effected.

Similarly for the spreadhseet table, if I try to insert the data there as vlookup, the second level pie charts again disappear, if I insert as a static table just looking at the data, then it works fine.

I notice that the generation of the swf file when I have the above changes takes much longer, maybe 2 minutes, whereas when I remove it generates in 15 seconds.

The data is highly filtered in the BW model, so that the least amount of records is being brought over to the dashboard.

The named ranges although maybe upto a maximum of 1000 rows, there are only 3 columns.

Is somethin corrupted in the dashboard or should I look at changing the vlookups?

Thanks

DanJL

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

1 Answer

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jan 06, 2014 at 07:58 PM

    Vlookup might impact the performance but I don't believe they have anything to do with disappearance of your chart. There is something got wrong after you introduced in new KPI which you will need to trouble shoot. I will suggest to check one by one if the cell which is bind by the pie chart correctly loading the values after the vlookup. Its quite possible that some column got added or changed which is causing this issue..

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.