I've got a report that I'm running from an Oracle database using .NET 2010 and the associated Crystal drivers. The report SQL returns in a fraction of a second in TOAD. When I run the report from the web interface it takes two to three minutes for a nine page report to build the display and another three minutes after I click the Print icon before the printer dialog is displayed. The report has two subreports that return about 6 record each and only appear on the first page. I turned on NoPrint in all the reports. What else can I do. My customer is, to say the least, not very happy.
I should mention that I can run the report in the old VB6 environment and it takes about 20 seconds to build the display and a fraction of second to print.