Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Database error: 523 80

Hi All,

I restarted our BusinessObjects BI 4.0 SP5 server on Linux and now, when I try to refresh my reports in BI Launch Pad, I get a "Database error: 523 80".

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Ron

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 27, 2013 at 07:36 AM

    Hi All,

    I forgot to mention that we also have Data Services installed which has DataDirect drivers bundled.

    On my ODBC.ini file, I used the DataDirect drivers from Data Services to use for BI LaunchPad.  We did an 'ls -l' command on the drivers and noticed that the modify date of the driver files are exactly one year ago.

    Just a hunch, though, but could the drivers be expired for other uses other than for Data Services?

    Thanks and best regards,

    Ron

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Simone Caneparo

      Hi Simone,

      Thank you.  Echoing LD_LIBRARY_PATH shows up empty.

      After re-sourcing the bash_profile, all is ok now.

      Best regards,

      Ron

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 26, 2013 at 03:37 PM

    If your DB is Netezza you might want to check the KBA below

    1794110 - Database error: 523 80. (IES 10901) when creating/refreshing Webi reports that use Netezza datasource on Linux

    Suggest you to follow the same path for greenplum as mentioned for netizza and see if this makes any difference.... The driver details for greenpum can be viewed in this document http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/sbo41_data_acs_en.pdf

    Resolution

    Please ensure the below requirements are met on the Processing Servers

    1. Ensure you have installed the correct (64-bit) ODBC drivers for Netezza database
    2. Edit your profile to include the following items
      1. LD_LIBRARY_PATH  - Ensure this path includes the 64-bit library path.  e.g. /App/nz/lib64
      2. PATH  - Ensure this path includes the path the 64-bit binaries for your database.  e.g. /App/nz/bin64
      3. ODBCINI  - This should point to the odbc.ini file that has your datasources defined
    3. Update your odbc.ini file to make sure it has the following
      1. Updated driver path to point to the 64-bit drivers
      2. Has all of the DSN entries needed to run your reports
    4. Check permissions on all of the drivers.  Each driver used will need execute permissions for the user that BI 4.0 is running as.
    5. Test your connection outside of BI 4.0 using utils like nzodbcsql.  This will tell you if the driver is configured correctly.  Run this as the same user running the SIA in your system.

    Tips on troubleshooting this issue:

    • Restart the SIA after each change.  A lot of these things won't take affect until after a restart.
    • Log off your terminal session and back in to load environment variables you have set in the profile
    • Use the ldd <filename> command to check and see what "bit" a file is if you aren't sure.   It will show 64bit or 32bit in the output.
    • Use strace or truss to do a system level trace on the WIReportServer process to get deep dive tracing if you really aren't sure where this is breaking
    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi Durgamadhab,

      The resolution requires changing Linux system files (which we haven't touched) when what we did was just a restart of the BOBJ server and not the machine itself.  Before restarting, our reports were working fine.

      Thanks and best regards,

      Ron

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 26, 2013 at 03:07 PM

    Looks like the rather unhelpful contact your administrator message.

    What type of database are you trying to connect to?

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi Mark,

      I am using Greenplum.  We use ODBC3 as connection type when creating the Universe as it works unlike using the Greenplum 4 connection type.

      I found this in the logs:

      <ERROR COMPONENT="WIS" ERRORCODE="10901" ERRORTYPE="USER" MESSAGE="Database error: 523 80. (IES 10901)" PREFIX="ERR">
      < DEBUGINFO BORESULT="5" FILENAME="kc3cdbtbdacs.cpp" LINEPOSITION="2105" MODULENAME="C3_CS"/>
      <REQUESTINFO COMMANDID="0" COMMANDNAME="Refresh batch" DPID="DP0" DPLONGNAME="Query 1 - Test_Universe" DPNAME="Query 1"/>
      < REASON>
      <CONTENT>
      </CONTENT>
      </REASON>
      </ERROR>
      </ERRORS>

      Best regards,

      Ron