i am very excited to change knowledge here on the SCN.
Right now I am analyzing the SFDM Tool (Shop Floor Dispatching and Monitoring) and need some more Information, which cannot be found via Internet research. I hope someone, who is familiar with the technical details can support me with answers.
1. Master Data:
- How does the Interchange of master data (such as machine capacities in terms of time/quantities or number of available machines) work between the SFDM and the ERP System?
- Is there a permanent interface between the SFDM and the master data in the ERP System?
- If so, which of the master data are communicated?
- Are there any limitations?
- Do BAPIs (Business Application Programming Interface) play a role?
- Is any further master data maintenance necessary, if the customer wants to implement SFDM?
2. There is a backend component situated in the ERP System called "SFDM on ABAP 1.0". What is the aim of this component?
3. Does the SFDM work with algorithms? If so, why?
4. Does the SFDM consider other machines in the same production plant?
5. Does it work over HANA?
6. Any further functionalities or restrictions?