I have pulled in a new portal server several KM folders, originally located in another portal, with <i>Content Exchange</i> (online ICE protocol).
When I edit locally one of these migrated files, save, and check it in, I get a message complaining that the resource has no name.
Three curious things:
1) If I open the <i>Details</i> view for that file, I can see that the resource's name property is indeed correctly set.
2) After choosing <i>Edit locally</i>, the message reports the correct name of the resource!
You are currently editing the document "REAL_NAME_OF_THE_FILE.doc"...
3) From this page, if I choose <i>Show Properties</i> (showing me again the correct resource's name) and subsequently <i>Hide Properties</i>, no problem arises when checking the file in.
Please notice that:
1) This problem involves <b>only the resources migrated with ICE</b>.
2) If I change either the resource ID or its name from the Details view, no problem arises anymore.
We're using the ActiveX control to edit locally. Our portal version is:
J2EE Engine 6.40 PatchLevel 87289.311 Portal 22.214.171.124.0 KnowledgeManagementCollaboration 126.96.36.199.0 (NW04 SPS09 Patch3)
Have you gurus any idea?
Thanks all, Davide