- Iam developing a web reporitng application in .net using vs 2008. the report is based on SAP BI data. it has to be published on IIS 7.
- Being new to SAP environment, i need guidance on the issue of connectivity between vs 2008 & SAP on runtime.
- At present the i have created a test report on ZBOARD table of SAP BI. It works fine in preview mode. However when run in debug mode of vs2008, a "Load Report Failed" error is displayed.
- i have tried setting report source using smart tags & also hard coded the report source but the error is still displayed.
The development environment is as follows
OS Windows 7 x86 IIS 7
Crystal Reports 2008 developer v184.108.40.2062
Visual Studio 2008 v9.1.210228.8
The complete code behind .aspx file is as follows
Partial Class _Default
Private Sub ConfigureCrystalReports()
Dim reportPath As String = Server.MapPath("~/CrystalReport2.rpt")
myCrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = reportPath
Protected Sub Page_Init(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Init
- I have seen may posts & articles but nothing specific. Majority point towards access rights but iam working in development environment with all admin rights.
- Moreover i have seen VS 2005 walkthroughs for DB connectivity but all of them are database specific to SQL Server.
- What is need is specific information as on how to solve this issue.
Many thanks in advance
M. Bilal Khan