Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Prompt Values coming from MD instead of InfoProvider

Hello all,

I have a really strange problem which I can’t seem to find the solution for. For one characteristic, I am trying to see in the prompt of my BW Query only the values in the InfoProvider, yet when I run the query I see all the data in the master data.

I’m using characteristic 0COMP_CODE for 3 different flows. In the Business Explorer tab I have set:

  • Query Def. Filter Value Selection: Only Values in InfoProvider
  • Query Execution Filter Val. Selection: Only Values in InfoProvider

In MasterData I have companies for all 3 flows (differentiating between them by considering the Source System)

Data is loaded in a few InfoCubes which are read by the BW query from a Multiprovider. In the BW Query, the Company code has set to take “Only Values in the InfoProvider”

Even having these settings, in the prompt instead of getting only valid companies for the corresponding flow, I get all values from masterdata.

I checked in the Multiprovider and if I exclude all valid companies, I’m only left with a few lines which don’t have the company populated (but that is correct. In my case, I’m using these empty lines to filter a WEBI which I created on top of the BW query)

Anyone has any idea why this is happening?

Looking forward for your feedback. Been googling a lot but so far was unable to find anything that help.

Thanks a lot,

Luciana Ivan

1.jpg (83.1 kB)
2.jpg (99.7 kB)
3.jpg (54.6 kB)
Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Oct 09, 2013 at 01:05 PM

    I got your issue. It is due to your Line Item Dimension. I think Company code is kept alone under a dimension in the cube. As line item dimension doesn't create Dim tables, it connects directly to Master data with SID tables. That's why you are getting all values despite of all settings you have done so far.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hi Luciana,

      Since you made some modeling changes to fix your 2 issues, those are not completely reflecting in BO. Just regenerate your query in RSRT.

      Go to BO and get into change mode and connect BW query once again. So that your query will get connected to BO freshly. Please explore options in BO.

      Regards,

      Suman

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Oct 09, 2013 at 12:07 PM

    Hi,

    check note 1565809, you will get your answer.

    Hope it helps.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded