Skip to Content
author's profile photo
Former Member

Restricting an item in a query

Hi All,

When I try to restrict an Item (Account Code) in the query design window Im getting the following errors:-

1.) 'The Operation Failed because of a program error on the Server (DUMP). See System Log for Details.'

2.) 'Stop Statement Occured'.

3.) Run Time Error

4.) Run Time Error

DUMP:

Runtime Errors UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION

Exception CX_RSR_X_MESSAGE

ALSO.....

When I execute the query and go for selection Help for the input of char values, if the list is too big, I get an error

'System error in program SAPLRSDM_F4 and form RSD_CHA_GET_VALUES02'

I found and OSS notes on this error, but we are on 3.1C and is not applicable.

I was wondering if these two are related.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

ACE

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

7 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Oct 03, 2005 at 02:05 PM

    Hi Ace,

    Have you meant OSS Note #846036 - 'BRAIN 299 System error in program SAPLRSDM_F4 and form ...'?

    It has exactly the 2nd error symptoms.

    Best regards,

    Eugene

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo
    Former Member
    Oct 03, 2005 at 02:16 PM

    Hallo

    Have you seen also this OSS note:

    827540

    881147

    846036

    Which SP are you?

    Mike

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo
    Former Member
    Oct 03, 2005 at 02:08 PM

    Hallo

    Try to regenerate the query through RSRT transaction.

    if this does not work, it seems a bug and I would look for another OSS note or open an OSS message.

    Mike

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo
    Former Member
    Oct 03, 2005 at 02:14 PM

    Hi,

    Thanks for your replies, I did check 846036, though it resolves the 2nd error to some extent, it specifies BRAIN 209 might still crop up. There is also 880610, which might help.

    But I am more concerned about 1st error and the DUMPs, I am not sure if they are related. Regenrating may not help, because i am trying to create a new RKF and filter a value for a NEW Query.

    If anyone came across something similar, please do put in your experts.

    Thanks,

    ACE

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo
    Former Member
    Oct 03, 2005 at 02:21 PM

    Yes I did look into those notes. we are on SP20, so SP21 might help. The only concern is that we are not using any AUTH objects for reporting.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hallo

      Sometime it seems the note is anadeguate but then resolve the issue. I see you concern. Try to apply it in Develpment system (in which system do you perform the issue) and then if this does not work, then just go back.

      Mike

  • author's profile photo
    Former Member
    Oct 03, 2005 at 02:43 PM

    This issue is in Dev, another concern is that this error doesn't arise in other systems, that is Sandbox/QA/Prod.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Oct 03, 2005 at 02:45 PM

    Sometimes I got unexplainable errors when there is an issue with DB space.

    Best regards,

    Eugene

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded