Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

XI Outbound IDoc different from SAP R/3 Inbound Idoc

Hi,

I am having a problem in processing an IDoc from XI to SAP.

We have created a custom IDoc, which will be populated in XI and then sent through to SAP R/3, which will then process the information in the IDoc.

I have imported the IDoc into XI and have been able to do the mappings and populate the IDoc from the XI side of things. If I check the IDoc adapter, the populated IDoc leaves XI with the correct information and with multiple segments.

If I now go and check the IDoc that has arrived in SAP R/3, it only contains the first segment. The other segments that were populated in the IDoc that left XI are now not there. Also some of the information that was in the IDoc leaving XI is different to the information in the IDoc that has arrived in XI.

I do not experience the same problem when I populate a standard SAP IDoc.

Has anyone experienced this problem with a custom IDoc before?

Thanks,

Miguel

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

1 Answer

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Oct 03, 2005 at 10:22 AM

    HI Miguel,

    For every segment you map see to that you have segment attribute filled in

    "segment = some seriel number" in the inbound idoc going from XI.

    e.g <E1BP7011_1 SEGMENT=1>

    Hope this helps to fix your issue

    Regards

    Vishnu

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hi Vishnu,

      I had tried populating the BEGIN statement with 1 and also without any value, but with both attempts I could not get the IDoc to come through correctly.

      The reason that I don't have a Control Record, is because in my Communication Channel I unselected Apply Control Record from the Payload. This allows XI to automatically populate this control record in the IDoc Adapter and then also I do not need to fill in the values.

      Your link did highlight to me, a place where I had not checked yet. In transaction IDX2, the metadata for the IDoc is kept. When I went to check my IDoc data in IDX2, it still had an earlier version of the IDoc and therefore the IDoc adapter was not using the correct metadata. I deleted the basic type and recreated it and now the IDoc is being pushed across to SAP R/3 correctly.

      Thanks very much for your help and patience!

      Regards,

      Miguel

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.