Skip to Content

"An internal error occurred while calling 'processDPCommandsEx' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270)"

Oftentimes when I press the Refresh button and proceed to select the criteria in the Prompts dialog box, I get the following error:

An internal error occurred while calling 'processDPCommandsEx' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270)

If I press the OK button, press the Refresh button again, and select the same criteria again, no error occurs and the report displays properly.

I've not found any pattern for -- nor cause of -- this issue. What could be causing it? How do I resolve it so that my end users don't see it?

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

4 Answers

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Oct 08, 2013 at 04:28 AM

    Does your report uses @Prompt clause in IDT. In that case this is possibly a bug. A note 1902294 is tracking this issue.

    Resolution

    The issue is target to be fixed in SAP BI 4.0 Support Pack 09. Please note that this is subjected to change as the investigation is in progress.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • I am running 4.1 SP3 and this error popped up when I changed the Query names from generic Query 1 etc. I had multiple queries but when refreshing one query at a time I was able to see which query was the culprit then I renamed the query to something else and the problem went away!

      Thanks

      Abdul

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Oct 08, 2013 at 02:20 PM

    Hi Chris,

    We had "answerPromptsLov API -Error- ERR_WIS_30270" error. We contacted SAP Suppport and worked as per the suggestion to fix it.

    I guess, for this type of product error, we should contact SAP for the resolution

    http://scn.sap.com/thread/3394373

    Regards,

    Prasad

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Oct 08, 2013 at 03:36 PM

    Hi Chris,

    It is not product bug, this is issue with server. please contact your BO admin team. They can resolve this error. I faced the same error. Admin has done some server restart (connecter server) then it has resolved.

    Thanks

    Suresh

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Oct 08, 2013 at 03:48 PM

    Chris,

    What is the value of the Maximum Binary File size under your Web Intelligence Jobserver Properties in the CMC? If the report is returning a lot of rows, it may be running out of memory.

    Regards,

    Mark

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Chris Waters

      We are seeing the same error in webi reports but we found the workaround here.

      We need to run the report in Applet mode in Launch pad.

      Preferences --> Web Intelligence-->Select Applet mode in both "View" and "Modify" sections.

      If this is not works then try the below one as well:

      Please go to design mode then edit the query and see the sample data in the data preview pane and run the queries again and save the report.

      Now open the report and see the result.

      @Viswanadh Chaudhary.

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.