Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

The mandatory variable " " has not been given a value. (WIS 00000)

We just upgraded our BO system to SP6P5 because we had to wait on the tracelog desktop fix which originated in SP6P4. I have come across a new error which relates to BEx prompts via WEBI consumption.

I have a report based off of one BICS, Within the BEx, I have InfoObjects restricted by variables via customer exit and manual input/default value. The objects are in the Character Restrictions section of the BEx. The only variable which is based off of a customer exit is giving me an error when I try to execute it in SP6P5. I receive the following errors below:

I noticed when I turned off auto-refresh from the WEBI document properties then I received a new error: "The mandatory variable " " has not been given a value. (WIS 00000)".

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

sdn_2.JPG (15.9 kB)
sdn_1.JPG (14.6 kB)
Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Oct 01, 2013 at 02:25 PM

    BOBJ 4.1 SP1P1 resolved this issue.

    Thanks

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Sep 18, 2013 at 05:48 AM

    Hi Carter,

    Please refer below post by Simon, its very helpful and will be able to guide you to root cause of error:

    http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/Approaches+to+Error+WIS+30270+troubleshooting

    Please let us know if you get stuck at any point.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      I changed the data source of the WEBI report and pointed it back to the original BEx, however, when I do that it pops up with the BExs prompt which I click "Ok" but nothing happens and it doesn't take the change.

      If I click on "Cancel" at the BEx prompts and wait about a minute then the WEBI report takes the change and the report works (brings in data), however, I lose some random variables and all the variables don't update properly.

      Any ideas?

  • Posted on Sep 19, 2013 at 11:53 AM

    Hi Carter,

    Is new report works fine on the BEX query which has Customer Exit or older reports?

    After looking your last update, does that mean you repointed the report back to BEX and report started working however you lost variables?

    If you loosing variables than make sure there should be no change in BEX query, like

    - removing of some infoobject on top of which variables are dependent

    - Or recreation of variable in the BEx

    Try repointing the report from both Rich client and BI-Launchpad and see if is helps.

    Thanks

    -Abhi

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      The problematic report works in the standalone WEBI Rich client...that is it.

      Creating a new report does work.

      I tried to export the report via LCMBAIR (via promotion management) and WID (via desktop) then import but I still received the same error.

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.