Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

SAP BCM Changed audio/microphone setting by itself

Hello! My first post here, or anywhere ever regarding IT issues.

We have two users who have annoying problem with SAP BCM client. Around every 20 to 60 seconds they get message the microphone settings have been changed, check settings.

They use Jabra Link 280 as headphones.

We have so far:

- Checked USB power settings

- Checked Jabra updates etc.

- Deleted/Updated all audio drivers on computer

- Tried different headphones, jabra only thou because those need to work..

We have around 300 users without this problem and these two just happen to have the exact same issue. No connection between the two, they started on different weeks and so on..

I found out that if i disable every single audio driver and device on computer, including internat microphone the setting change problem wont occur and a call wont end, but you cant hear the callers voice eventhou he can hear you.

Anyone experienced similiar problems?

Help appreciated, thanks!

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

1 Answer

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Sep 08, 2013 at 02:10 PM

    HI Mikko,

    Audio changes on a PC are very tricky as I am sure you know.

    This can happen if they are browsing to other web sites that require sound. Is it possible they are streaming internet radio or some other sort of sound website? If they surf to site that has an audio pop-up it will often change both properties. Are these workstations Virtual? If so, is it possible that they are temporarily loosing the connection to the VDI workspace?

    Also have you verifed that the two Jabra headsets are not close together and they are not trying to sync to each other bases? I have seen where Jabra headsets that are very close together will loose there connection. Also are these laptop computers? If so have you verified that the internal mike is not set to default under the computer properties for sound/audio?

    Remember that the PC is the ultimate authority when it comes to audio devices so if you PC is changing the audio setting because of another program then it will change on the CDT.

    What is your version of BCM? SP03 through SP05 had made enhancements to how the CDT handles the audio streams.

    Also have you installed the BCM headset driver as well as the Jabra driver and firmware? Most Jabra headsets also require that you install the following driver from BCM

    terminal_HS_HIDHS.msi for them to work properly.

    Hope some of this helps,

    Thank you,

    Marcus McCutchen

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hello! Thanks for the reply Marcus it gave me some ideas..

      It's not about browsing websites or jabra headsets syncing to each other bases because these are simple Jabra 280 Link headsets attached by USB.

      Now that you mentioned the BCM version im going to check the version and possible updates from the company that delivers the service to us, as well as the BCM headset drivers. Jabra firm and drivers are up to date.

      It's quite obvious that the pc changes the audio settings my itself, and yes they are laptops but internal microphone aint the problem, all settings are fine. But i didnt count in the possibility of some other application causing the laptop to change settings. Im going to look into this next.

      Thank you!

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.