Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Issue with Encoding - ByteOrderMark required for receiver File

Hi All,

Recently I have found a encoding issue in one of my interfaces. This interface is currently a PassThrough interface( I am not using any ESR objects), where I receive messages from Sender System in a CSV file with a UTF-8 Encoding without BOM.

However the receiver system wants  the file with UTF-8 BOM encoding, I am currently using MessageTransformBean & textCodepageConversion bean to convert the charset from UTF-8 to UTF-8-BOM, however the special BOM characters are not generated in receiver message. Since the receiver system strictly needs the BOM characters, it rejects the message.

Any other alternative, which I can try in order to add the BOM characters in receiver file. Appreciate your inputs.

Regards,

Nipun

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Sep 05, 2013 at 09:31 PM

    Resolved it by Creating the ESR Objects and a UDF to add the BOM characters. Since the constants assignment did not work in my case as I was receiving file in UTF-8 case already.

    Regards,

    Nipun


    pastedImage_0.png (13.3 kB)
    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Sep 05, 2013 at 07:24 AM

    Hi Nipun,

    I think that you should add the BOM character to the file. If you are using ESR development you can add it like senthilprakash selvaraj's blog http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/04/27/receiver-channel-encoding-in-ansi-instead-of-utf-8-wth pointed . If you haven't got ESR development you can use OS command to add the BOM to the end of file.

    It would be better to face up to this problem at adapter level with some module or similar, i ignore if there is a possibility from this point of view, may be with an own module adapter development.

    Regards,

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi Iñaki,

      I have checked Senthilprakash Blog, since he has ESR object created, I was wondering if there was a standard module way to apply 'strict' mode on UTF-8, which could have avoided any ESR development and would have helped in my case.

      However I will consider the ESR Development option for now.

      Thanks for your reply.

      Regards,

      Nipun

  • Sep 05, 2013 at 07:26 AM

    Hi Nipun,

    I am not sure but can you check that is it possible to add "MessageTransformBean & textCodepageConversion bean" at sender side also...

    or define encoding UTF-8-BOM at Sender side directly.

    Regards

    Gagan

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded