Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

checkdb fail in DB13 : BR0301E SQL error -942 at location db_connect-5, SQL statement

Windows Server 2008

Oracle 10.2.0.4

Netweaver 7.0 EHP1

Hi,

I got the following error when I run checkdb on DB13  in an environment PID :

BR0801I BRCONNECT 7.00 (40)

BR0805I Start of BRCONNECT processing: celyvkqi.chk 2013-08-28 11.59.04

BR0484I BRCONNECT log file: E:\oracle\PID\sapcheck\celyvkqi.chk

BR0280I BRCONNECT time stamp: 2013-08-28 11.59.17

BR0301E SQL error -942 at location db_connect-5, SQL statement:

'SELECT NAME FROM V$DATABASE WHERE ROWNUM = 1'

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

BR0310E Connect to database instance PID failed

BR0280I BRCONNECT time stamp: 2013-08-28 11.59.17

BR0301W SQL error -942 at location brc_dblog_open-1, SQL statement:

'INSERT INTO SAP_SDBAH (BEG, FUNCT, SYSID, OBJ, RC, ENDE, ACTID, LINE) VALUES ('20130828115904', 'chk', 'PID', 'DATABASE', '9999', ' ', 'celyvkqi', '7.00 (40) JID=CHECK20130828115858')'

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

BR0324W Insertion of database log header failed

BR0806I End of BRCONNECT processing: celyvkqi.chk 2013-08-28 11.59.17

BR0280I BRCONNECT time stamp: 2013-08-28 11.59.17

BR0804I BRCONNECT terminated with errors

I checked initPID.sap, initPID.ora, sapnotes 400241, 562863, 662644.

I performed the General checks  in note 400241, successfully.

I have another environment with the same settings and checkdb is running successfully.

I thought I'd run sapdba_role again, but not sure if it's a good idea.

best regards

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

8 Answers

  • Aug 29, 2013 at 11:46 PM

    Hello Emerson,

    Double check if sapdba_role.sql was executed as per note 134592? Ensure correct version of the script is being used as many times this problem comes from there.

     

    Once you run the script the OPS$user must contain the sapdba role.

    You can check this with the following SQL statement:

     

    SELECT OWNER FROM DBA_TABLES WHERE TABLE_NAME = 'SAPUSER';

    SELECT GRANTED_ROLE FROM DBA_ROLE_PRIVS WHERE GRANTEE = '<ops$user>';

    SELECT USERNAME FROM DBA_USERS WHERE USERNAME LIKE 'OPS$%';

     

    Also check note 113747.

    Regards,

    Eduardo Rezende

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Aug 30, 2013 at 02:13 AM

    Hi Emerson,

    Have you performed a system copy on this system and later getting this error message.

    In such a case please exectue oradbusr.sql script

    50088 Creating OPS$ users on Windows NT/Oracle

    Hope this helps.

    Regards,

    Deepak Kori

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Aug 30, 2013 at 04:31 AM

    Hi,

    Please execute below actions. This would fix your issue.

    • Check the permissions for BR*Tools as per note 113747

    • Import the sapdba_role.sql script as per SAP Note- 134592 - Importing the SAPDBA role ( sapdba_role.sql)

    Cheers !!!

    Ashish

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Aug 30, 2013 at 05:09 AM

    hi Emerson,

    Are you getting this issue after new installation or recently, you have performed system copy?

    please confirm me.

    Regards,

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Aug 30, 2013 at 02:04 PM

    Hi,

    In addition to checking if the sapdba and the sapconn role has been imported and properly assigned , you can check the synonyms too.

    Use brtools to correct this

    http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5a/4a704ba2308a4db5a4d36e39e7d05a/content.htm

    Or run   brconnect -u / -f crsyn

    Regards,

    Suneeth

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Aug 30, 2013 at 03:30 PM

    try to run checkdb from operating system i.e login ora<sid> user

    and run brtools & check it.

    I think need to upgrade brtools version.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Aug 30, 2013 at 04:17 PM

    Hello

    There is no need to check the permission of the BRTools file as this is a Windows system.

    You problem is with the missing grants

    make use of the script attached to this file.

    Note 134592 - Importing the SAPDBA role (sapdba_role.sql)

    Regards

    RB

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Sep 03, 2013 at 12:28 PM

    Hello Emerson,

    Also, please make sure you have the dbs_ora_schema variable properly set and also reset all the DBA synonyms with the following command:

    brconnect -u / -c -f crsyn -o <sap_owner>

    Best regards,

    Thiago

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded