Skip to Content

BO Mobile Tomcat7 Deploy

Hi,

I'm on a customer with BO 4 SP5.4 with issues to acess the Mobile functionality, they are with Tomcat7. I'm validating their installation and when I go to this test URL http://10.32.144.162:8080/MobileBIService/MessageHandlerServlet?message=GetVersion I'm receiving the following error: HTTP Status 500 - Servlet.init() for servlet MessageServlet threw exception. I did already the redeploy and also a wdeploy tomcat7 validateconfig to check I did the correct changes in config.tomcat7 file and it's ok for me.

Do you have any inputs of what can be the cause of that?

Thanks,

Rodrigo.

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Posted on Aug 28, 2013 at 07:33 PM

    Hi Guys!

    After an Undeploy on Tomcat Management Page, I copied the 2 .war files into Tomcat\Webapps folder and worked and the did the redeploy automatically.

    I have the same situation in a Unix environment now in the same customer, and it solved using the same procedure.

    Thank you for you help guys,

    Rodrigo.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Aug 28, 2013 at 05:59 PM

    Rodrigo,

    Are the other URL's working for BILauchPad, CMS, Explorer, and Query Builder? Are you having issues with Mobile access only ?

    Please provide further information.

    Regards,

    Ajay

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Rodrigo Caparroz

      Hi Rodrigo,

      I've never validated the Mobile installation through the browser, I've always validated the install utilizing the mobile application (In my case, a Blackberry Simulator). However, based off of the following documentation, https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001280592012E/xi4sp5_mob_inst_deploy_en.pdf, it states that in order to verify the server installation, you have to launch the mobile application or simulator (Blackberry).

      My suggestion would be to load up a mobile application (Either iOS, Blackberry Simulator, or Android) and attempt to connect to the application. This will be your clear cut assurance that everything is setup correctly.

      If you're still unable to connect, as I stated previously, it might have something to do with the network (IE: Firewall blocking communication). Of which, that would require working with your local network folks to determine a reason why the communication is being blocked.

      For the Blackberry Simulator, assuring that it resides within the local network & ports are opened between the location of the simulator & BI platform server should do the trick. For iOS & Android, the same goes for the ports but I'm not sure how security is setup at your shop. In my particular case, it's impossible to connect an iOS and/or Android device up to our network, only a Blackberry registered on the Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) can successfully connect to the application.

      Hopefully this can help resolve your issue.

      -Victor

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.