Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Event linkage 'Check FM' fails while the WF is triggered correctly as the start condition is satisfied.

BO BUS2201 has been delegated. In the delegated BO, a new attributed 'Changes Need Approval' has been created. In the program, based on the customer requirement, logic has been built and the attribute is set as 'X' if the condition is satisfied. Next in Workflow WS14000145, Start condition(Changes Need Approval = X) for CHANGE VERSION SAVED event has been activated.

Whenever a PO change version is ordered, the condition for this WF WS14000145 is satisfied and it is getting triggered correctly. But during 'SAVE' - means 'ORDER', in standard there is a FM 'SWB_2_CHECK_FB_START_COND_EVAL' which checks the WF start condition. But the result of this FM is always FALSE. If the BO attribute is not set, then WF should not have been triggered. But the corresponding WF is triggered without any issue. Only the condition check is failed during the event linkage. This check is made by standard. Since this determines a wrong receiver, there is a wrong pop-up message raised while ordering PO.

Could someone please help to know why the event linkage check is failed while WF is triggered correctly.

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

1 Answer

  • Posted on Aug 27, 2013 at 10:06 PM

    Hello,

    I'm not sure I completely understand your post. I do know that if you are trying to test a virtual attribute in a start condition then you can run into timing issues, especially if the virtual attribute is relatively complicated (e.g. selects from a table).

    Maybe as a test you could try simplifying the attribute (set it either to X or blank) and check if the workflow starts or does not start as expected.

    regards

    Rick Bakker / hanabi technology

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi Rick,

      Thanks for your reply. Finally I have created a Z check FM, in order to analyse the issue exactly. This helped me to find the root cause. I am using standard FM 'BBP_PD_PO_GETDETAIL' to get PO details. Only if we request for the item details, the PO header total value is getting updated as per this FM. I have made a check using PO header total value in the BO program. This check fails and WF is not getting triggered. Hence there is no issue in start condition. As the problem is resolved, I am closing this thread.

      Thanks,

      Sasikala S

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.