I am facing one weired issue after updating the patch.
Current Environment : PI 7.3 Java only stack.
Scenario : File to Idoc - ( Using Idoc Extension)
1. Current interface- is File to Idoc interface and it was working fine . Here we are using extended Idoc as externaal definition. ( We required to do that to change the Idoc occurance ).
2. Earlier we find some Temporary issue that some time Idoc stuck in SM58 . TID persistance issue . So SAP recommedn sap note and ask to update the patch level to latest one for
As of now we have updated the below patch.
Component -> Old Patch version-> New Patch version
SAP_XIAF 7.30 SP5 PATCH 4 7.30 SP5 PATCH 58
J2EE-APPS 7.30 SP5 PATCH 0 7.30 SP5 PATCH 13
ENGFACADE 7.30 SP5 PATCH 0 7.30 SP5 PATCH 11
SERVERCORE 7.30 SP5 PATCH 0 7.30 SP5 PATCH 73
ENGINEAPI 7.30 SP5 PATCH 0 7.30 SP5 PATCH 23
BASETABLES 7.30 SP5 PATCH 0 7.30 SP5 PATCH 0
3. Now after patch update Outbound interface ( Idoc -> File) is working but Inbound Idoc ( File-> Idoc) is not working. We are getting
"Exception caught by adapter framework: Error during transform: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.length() of an object loaded from local variable 'chars' "
"java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.length() of an object loaded from local variable 'chars'"
4. SAP reccommed SAP note -1862655, 1801511 . so as per the one of the Sap note we are already update the patch.
5. Note -1862655 -> Says that SAP introduced Stricter Control Record checking , so the interface name should be in <MSGTYP>.<IDOCTYP>.<CIMTYP>.
6. Here as we are already using external defintion ( schema is same as IDOC). and I am using current namespace. so which I can not change.
7. and current schema/ mapping not change, as interface was working fine earlier.
8. the SAP note says Interface should pass CIM type , I checked the payload after mapping and its passing MSTYPE, IDOCTYPE, CIMTYPE . so its mean payload contains the value as required.
I have tried all the option at receive adapter level while selcting option for Control records to take control records from paylaod .
Sap replied that I should use 1862655 that is fine .... but where are what when I am using external difiniion ...
I have restarted related service and restart the PI system...