Skip to Content

BODS error - A row delimiter was seen for row number < >

Hi

I was trying to transfer the data (single table example mara) from ECC to SQL via BODS. The execution of the job remains successful, but I am not able to find the data in the target and when analysed I am able to see this message.

Can you please tell me exactly what it is.. and suggestions to solve this.

Untitled1.jpg (79.2 kB)
Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

6 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Aug 06, 2013 at 03:30 AM

    Hi Taurean ,

    There is some issue into the data(hidden chars) into sap system.I guess you extracting your data with the help of ABAP_DATAFLOW.

    You can try two ways:

    1- if you have less no. of records(> 10000 records), you can  directly fetch your table and connect it to target.

    2- You can check the File that is being generated by ABAP_DataFlow and confirm that there is some data issue.(as i can i see that there is some issue happening at line for 615/614.)

    Please try tips and update the thread 😊

    Regards,

    Shiva Sahu

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Shiva

      I tried fetching the data directly to the target and it works fine. I am able to find the data in the target table.

      As from the previous responses I need to check with the ABAP_DatFlow to check why it didn work earlier.

      Thank you for your response ( :

  • Aug 05, 2013 at 05:11 AM

    Hi taurean,

    This error usally comes if the schema(cloumns and data) in the file doesnot match well(for ex: if no. of columns are more or less than the actual structure). If you have used any file in your design, Please check the schema of the file and ensure whether data is perfectly distributed between respective columns.

    regards,

    abhi

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Aug 05, 2013 at 07:38 AM

    Hi,

    Reasons might be,

    Check the data types in the target and preferably to use ABAP Data flow.

    Regards

    Narasimha

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Narasimha

      I checked for the target and flows everythin seems to be fine. When browsed through some docs I came to know that this could be because of the encoding. I tried with UTF-8 and CP1252 encoding at the source data store and target data store together.

      Still no go. I am getting te same error FIL-080105

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Aug 05, 2013 at 11:44 AM

    Hi,

    Column 1 might have data which is considered as a row delimiter by SAP BODS.

    Please validate the above statement in your scenario. If its true then using the query transform modify the enter key with some other character.

    Regards,

    Amitkumar Gupta

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Aug 06, 2013 at 06:16 AM

    Hi,

    Check the structure of the Source table to the target. if the Column distribution in the source does not match to the target, we do get an error. The job would have not executed since you are getting this error.

    Try using the ABAP data flow and use the Data transport available in the tool palette to pull the data from the ECC system. Hope your RFC connection is working fine.

    Thanks and regards,

    Sanjay

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • HI Sanjay

      I am not using RFC, I am using the shared directory option and yea it works fine. And I did used ABAP data flow and the data transport, its from here I am getting issues. Need to check the ABAP data flow and the transport.

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Aug 07, 2013 at 08:40 AM

    Hi ,

    We are also facing the same row delimiter issue.

    We tried the SP Pack upgrade but it did not help resolve the issue.

    For few rows while extracting from R3 system unexpected extra line is being added in the dat file which gives the row delimiter error and those rows are not being written to the target.

    (When you check the dat file for that particular row number u can see and additional line)

    Since it is happening only for few rows it cannot be a problem with the structure of the target or file.

    While SAP sys is creating the dat file may be some of the data is causing this issue.

    Please let me know if any of you has found an answer to this issue.

    Thanks

    Divya

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Divya,

      Can you please see the data into SAP system and see if this is same.

      As per my knowledge there are some special char that is not from English language, these may be some other language char or special char.

      Try changing CodePage- UTF16 and language also.

      PLease try and update the thread 😊

      Regards,

      Shiva Sahu