Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

9.0 PL5 Upgrade Issues

Hi,

I am having trouble upgrading from 8.82 PL14 to 9.0 PL5.

Two server setup, both 2008 r2 SP1 - one for SQL 2008 R2, the other for Server tools. B1 DB has (with OS upgrades along the way) gone from 2005 > 2007 > 8, SQL is working correctly, TCP is properly confired and required services are set to auto,

I tried to run upgrade from the Server tools machine and it gave an error,and indicated I would have to do a manual rollback. I didn't pay much attention to the error as it was just server tools so I thought I would just uninstall and start clean.

Installed Server Tools 9 providing B1SiteUser password, choosing self-signed cert and giving SQL credentials. Install went ahead ok and Landscape DB was created on SQL server. License was attached to the License server, at this point everything seemed fine.

Then ran the upgrade wizard from same machine hoping to upgrade other components - immediately asked for B1SiteUser password, but when entered get 'Could not connect to licence server; enter valid password'

Cannot log in on the ControlCenter webpage either - putting my password in and clicking 'Log On' has no response (same on Forgot Password page).

Have uninstalled and resintalled multiple times to make sure there are no typos with password.

Event log has a series of "The description for Event ID 5 from source B1LicenseService cannot be found".

Any help appreciated,

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jul 23, 2013 at 04:18 PM

    Ok, Turkish locale is a no-no with Server Tools 9.

    I would guess it has something to do with the Java server - other products with tomcat have caused me similiar problems in the past.

    Switching to US locale fixed everything.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Jul 23, 2013 at 01:31 AM

    Hi L Soyer....


    upgrading from 8.82 PL14 to 9.0 PL5 is not correct path check the below notes

    1866272 - Overview Note for SAP Business One 9.0 PL05.

    Symptom

    This SAP Note contains information on upgrades to SAP Business One 9.0 Upgrade (SP00) Patch Level 05.

    Solution

    Patch Installation Options

    SAP Business One 9.0 PL05 is synchronized to and contains all bug fixes in the following versions:

    • SAP Business One 9.0 Patch Level 04 and lower
    • SAP Business One 8.82 Patch Level 12 and lower
    • SAP Business One 8.81 Patch Level 11 and lower
    • SAP Business One 8.8 Patch Level 21 and lower

    Note: If you are on a higher patch level than listed above, and upgrade to SAP Business One 9.0 PL05, this may result in unexpected issues and potential data loss.

    Higher patch levels will be synchronized in upcoming SAP Business One 9.0 patches, check the respective Overview Notes.

    Patch Content

    For more information, see the SAP Notes listed in the References section.

    Patch download

    Download the patch (B19000_5-10008988.ZIP) from http://service.sap.com/sbo-swcenterSAP Business One ProductsUpdatesSAP Business One 9.0Comprised Software Component VersionsSAP Business One 9.0Windows on x64 64bitDownloads tab.

    To receive information about the delivery of patches through e-mail or RSS, use the subscription options in the upper right corner at SAP Business One: List of Delivered Patches.

    Hope Helpful 😊

    Regards

    Kennedy

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jul 23, 2013 at 03:37 PM

    Okay, I reverted to a backup up of the 8.82 PL5 Server Tools, confirmed it operating normally and started again.

    Ran the upgrade wizard, got as far as the upgrading progress table:

    License Manager & Systam Landscape Directory - Upgraded

    DI Server - Upgraded

    Common Database - Errors (Details brings up an empty table)

    Clicking "Open Log File" does not get any response.

    The next screen just tells me that Manual Restoration Needed for the two upgraded components, and the wizard ends.

    Again, system event log contains "The description for the Event ID 5 from source B1LicenseService cannot be found."

    I uninstall all that, deleting the landscape DB and the SAP server tools folder and do a new install of server tools. Then proceed with the upgrade wizard to try to update the databases - the upgrade wizard will not accept the B1SiteUSer password and I can get no further.

    Not sure what to try now.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.