Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Copied Standard DC built but no war generated

Hello experts,

I am having the following while trying to copy and build a DC (copied from a standard one): the copied DC is built but there is no war file. I used the following procedures copying from a standard DC.

1. Create a new DC with a custom namespace in DC perspective (J2ee 1.4 web module)

2. Copy the _comp folder from the standard DC the created new DC in the workspace folder

3. In Navigator view, modify the .project file and war.pp with the new name.

4. Check to make sure all dependencies are the same as the standard one

5. Refresh the custom DC

6. Back to the DC view and build. 

The build log shows built successful but there is no war file in the gen folder. I noted that a few things are missing from the gen folder compared the the standard DC. Something not getting generated plus the war. One of this is pulicfieldlist file.

I think some configuration files need to be changed after the copying but not sure what. Can anyone recommend what need to be done and what is the best practice when there is a need to copy a standard DC for customization?

Thanks and much appreciated.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • Jul 11, 2013 at 11:06 AM

    Hi,

    could you please point out the document you followed?

    Further, what is the name of the standard DC?

    Thanks and Regards,

    Ervin

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi,

      I followed some posts on this forum, which,in my case, didn't work out. The standard dc is crm/tc/web/catalog.

      So I changed my approach. Instead of copying the whole -comp folder. I only copied src folder and did needed changes in the copy and it worked.

      Now an issue with deploy. The ear, wrapper project of a war and jar, is successfully deployed but this error occurred when i tried to verify the output in the browser. The error log indicates:

      "Wrong url value in the additional P4 properties"

      Any idea why this happens?

      Error on the browser:

      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Error: Application error occurred during the request processing.

        Error Type: [com.sap.ASJ.web.000137]

        SAP Technology Troubleshooting Guide

      Details:               

      1. java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.net.URL.toExternalForm() of an object loaded from local variable 'url'

                      at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.parseModuleConfigFile(ActionServlet.java:1003)

                      at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModuleConfig(ActionServlet.java:955)

                      at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:470)

                      at com.sap.isa.core.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:92)

                      at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:270)

                      at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.application.WebComponents.getServlet(WebComponents.java:864)

                      at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:376)

                      at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:210)

                      at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:441)

                      at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:430)

                      at com.sap.engine.services.

      servlets_jsp.filters.DSRWebContainerFilter.process(DSRWebContainerFilter.java:38)