I have started a new project for SuPM which uses as a Back End System the already implemented BW System of my client. I will be in charge of the BW stuff: BI Content Activation, IMG Configuration (Tx SPRO), Creation of Organization Unit Hierarchy, Roles.... I have never worked on this before, so I need some kind help from the forum experts.
The Basis team is installing the SuPM Add-on over the BW system and have almost finished.
There is not too much information in the forum about the tasks to be developed on BW side. From what I have read, the implementation tasks would be as follow and in the following order, I guess.
1. BI Content Activation. Tx SE 38; Program RSO_BC_INSTALL_ALL. Afterwards, a full review of all the objects will be made in order to see if everything is activated correctly.
- Question: Will this program activate all the BW-SuPM flow? I mean, DataSources, ODSs, InfoCubes, MultiProvider, Queries, Workbooks, Process Chains... or manual activation/intervention is required?
2. Configure IMG. Tx SPRO. SPRO > SAP Reference IMG, under SuPM block:
- Adjustment, if needed, of Standard Units of Measure
- Definition & adjustment of Hierarchies (Org.Unit. Tx RSH1)
- Definition of OrgUnit attributes mappings
- Maintain Settings for Email Notifications
- Maintain Additional Settings (Currency, Exchange Rates, Fiscal Year Variant....)
- Maintain Values for Manual Data Collection Methods
- Maintain Connectors (Tx SM59)
- Maintain Script Variables
- Maintain BW Queries
- Maintain Web Services
- Maintain Industry
- Maintain KPI Category, Sub-Categories and Associated Indicators
3. Administrate Users & assign the predefined SuPM Roles according to business needs.
Users should have just assigned these related SuPM Roles or they have to have assigned specific BW Roles as well?
Any answer would be highly appreciated,
Thanks in advance,