Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

QuickCarRental Problems

Hello,

It seems numerous people have had issues with the Car Rental Application in the past, i have recenty started looking at SapWAS 6.40 and trying to migrate from Jboss.

Have created the QuickCarRental application as per the tutorial instructions and constants attempt to get the application up and running over the past 3 days have failed.

Whenever i travese to the site http://localhost:50000/QuickCarRental i get the following error:

Application error occurred during the request procession.

Details: javax.servlet.ServletException: Requested resource ( QuickCarRental/servlet/quickCarRentalView.jsp ) not found.

at com.sap.examples.quickcarrental.servlet.QuickReservationServlet.doWork(QuickReservationServlet.java:63)

at com.sap.examples.quickcarrental.servlet.QuickReservationServlet.doGet(QuickReservationServlet.java:28)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:391)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:265)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:345)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:323)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:865)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:240)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:92)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:148)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:37)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.UnorderedChannel$MessageRunner.run(UnorderedChannel.java:71)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:94)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:162)

When i try to go to the site http://localhost:50000/QuickCarRental/view, it throws the error

The request can't be processed.

Details: Requested resource ( QuickCarRental/servlet/quickCarRentalView.jsp ) not found.

Does anyone have a definte answer to this problem. I have tried numerous things as suggested by prople on the forum from changing the jsp file (<%= Constants.ACTION_SAVE %>) to making sure my application is fully deployed and running through the Admin Console.

Any help would be much appreciated. Also is a working version of the QuickCarRental.ear available on the SDN site?

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

2 Answers

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Oct 12, 2005 at 05:05 PM

    Hi, I'm having the exact same error on a brand new system.

    I'm using NWDS and a separate SAPPortal/J2EE.

    NWDS

    Version: 2.0.9

    Build id: 200411030238

    I don't know the exact server version, but I've been told it's the latest one.

    Can anyone shed me a light on this?

    Thank you,

    Paulo.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Oct 13, 2005 at 11:17 AM

    Hi. It depends on the jsp-Mapping in the web.xml. If the URL-Pattern of your jsp is "/view" you call it this way from your servlet: "RequestDispatcher dispatcher = request.getRequestDispatcher("<b>/view</b>");".

    Seems that you have entered "/" as URL-Pattern in the mapping of the servlet. Try mapping the jsp as described above.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hello again,

      I've solved my problem and it was mostly due to cut&paste from the example document. I'm posting the errors (due to cut&paste) I found and fixed so future attempts can be easier to debug/fix.

      After pasting the code I copied from the example:

      <b>when one finds</b> <% = <b>replace with </b> <%=

      <b>when one finds</b> " <%=<i>(java code here)</i>%> " <b>replace with</b> "<%=<i>(java code here)</i>%>"

      In the former substitution, there was a space character (" ") before the equal character ("="). It must be removed.

      In the latter subst., there are spaces between the quotes and the jsp code. They must be removed.

      These were the errors I sorted out and it worked for me.

      Thank you all for your patience,

      Paulo

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.