I am getting one upcoming project to upgrade MS SQL server from 2008 R2 to 2012 in SAP BI server (NW 7.3 EHP1 SP6). So, could you please guide me how to proceed in step by step.
As per knowledge, I need to perform following steps:-
1. Take database back-up (MS SQL 2008 R2) of BI server .
2. Uninstall SAP instance as well as database from BI server.
3. Install MS SQL 2012 R2 with SQL4SAP script.
4. Then do system copy as follows:-
SAP INST (NW 7.3 EHP1) > Software Life Cycle Options > System Copy > MS SQL Server > Target System Installation > Central System > Based on AS ABAP - Central System and choose homogeneous system copy (MS SQL).
5. This will set up BI server with MS SQL 2012 R2 & NW 7.3 EHP1.
6. Then upgrade BI server from NW 7.3 EHP1 SP0 to SP6.
Could you please suggest if any other way is there to save time ?
Thanks in advance,