Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

RFC Lookup is giving Null Values

Hi,

I am using Graphical RFC Lookup is PI 7.1 , while testing the design(and also at runtime) RFC is returning NULL value . I have given CC as parameter while testing and also all the credentials are correct in the RFC communication channel.

The RFC is working fine in R/3 using se37.

Please suggest.

Many Thanks !!!

Lisin

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

6 Answers

  • Best Answer
    May 23, 2013 at 05:54 PM

    Hi Lisin,

    I hope the RFC is remote-enabled. I hope you have validated the data you are passing through the PI interface.

    Binding is an important step which people miss most of the times.

    Often, we have cache issues in case of RFCs. Run an sxi_cache refresh and then try CPA cache refresh if it is a development environment.

    If that does not work, you may rename the RFC, import it and try.

    Hope it helps!

    Ambrish

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    May 23, 2013 at 12:47 PM

    Hi Lisin,

    1. Check the RFC communication channel via RWB->Communication Channel Monitor

    2. Check if the parameter is created in both Message Mapping and Operation Mapping, and then you need to perform the binding between these two parameters.

    3. Try to check the type of source fields you are passing from the message mapping, and the type of the parameters accepted by the RFC Lookup. If there is a mismatch, it is possible that the values that enter the RFC are different that intended.

    4. As a final check, you can set a user breakpoint in the RFC, with the PI Remote user, and then test the mapping, it should stop at the breakpoint set in RFC code.

    Regards,

    Sushil.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • May 23, 2013 at 10:25 AM

    Hi Lisin,

    Did you check the communication channel status in RWB?

    if it is fine, try to de-activate the channel and activate it again and see..

    increase the max connections, in communication channel..'

    Try to re-enter your user id and PWD mentioned in RFC channel and activate it and see..

    Regards

    Bhargava krishna

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • May 23, 2013 at 11:12 AM
    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    May 23, 2013 at 01:16 PM

    Hi Krishna,

    Status is the RWB is green and it is saying "Message processed for interface " for each message.

    I have also tried to re-activate the channel , after re-entering credentials.

    But still NULL values.

    Hi Loordh,

    I have checked the document while configuartion & now re-checked the steps again.

    -----

    Please let me know if there any other additional config needs to be done or anything needs to be rechecked with RFC @ R/3.

    Many Thanks !!!

    Lisin

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      hi,

      Can you also check the roles used to access the RFC. Make sure that the user id that you are using is having proper auth to access the table from which you are retrieving data.

      Also if possible please place a trace at the rfc exception level

      REgards,

      ninu

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    May 24, 2013 at 07:37 AM

    Hi Ambrish,

    I have done cache refresh & also changed RFC name.

    Scenario works fine now... 😊

    Thanks alot !!!

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded