Skip to Content
author's profile photo Veselina Peykova

[Status Update] Go-live: day 1

I still can't believe it - finally, one of my biggest projects for this year, went live.
The imports were handled (un)surprisingly well. I might have some nightmares tonight about unsuccessful table deletions and program versions (thank you, BASIS people, you have an excellent sense of humour, much appreciated).

It is still too quiet, nobody complains about anything horribly broken (at least not about things we were involved in).

I am not used to such kind of results - zero issues reported during several weeks of business validation testing (apart from a few master data problems, which I fixed). I am getting really nervous - did we do such an amazing job? Nooo... I fail to accept that there is a bug-free solution... come on...

I even found the time today to work on two unrelated projects, this is not normal. Two more weeks and I am going in vacation: according to Murphy's law - this is when things should start falling apart...

* Please Login or Register to Comment on or Follow discussions.


  • Dec 07, 2016 at 07:23 PM

    Fingers crossed for you Veselina! You should check your Karma points - maybe they are paying off ;)

  • Dec 07, 2016 at 08:27 PM

    You have to get used to it. One more project, one more year, you collect more experience and getting better each time.

  • Dec 08, 2016 at 08:17 AM
    zero issues reported during several weeks of business validation 

    Normally means there was no testing and the errors start popping up after go-live, when they finally use their applications. ^^

    I also keep my fingers crossed for you!

    • Dec 08, 2016 at 04:00 PM

      Yeah, if our business users don't report any issues during UAT, we generally assume they didn't really test. But, the project team DOES do its own testing before handing it over to the business groups!

      • Dec 08, 2016 at 05:15 PM

        Well, I tested the solution (a lot), before we handled it to the business...

        I saw the users created plenty of documents, which were not identical (this is usually a good sign when people are trying out different scenarios), but my main concern is that I am relatively new and don't know well how skilled are the individual end users to verify that the solution works as expected, so I had to rely on the power user's opinion on this point.

        Of course, I ran reports to check the created data for correctness, but still I don't feel that confident to say that we could have developed a completely bug-free solution.

        The good news - day 2 is over and still no complaints of negative impact on other processes.

      • Dec 09, 2016 at 07:28 AM

        Oh yes. I'm testing the heck out of my solutions for sure before informing the requestor to test it. ^^

  • Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded